aaa Hi tech? bah, humbug! :) - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16             23-Sep-02  @  12:34 AM   -   Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

proximus

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just watched "The Bourne Identity" and I noticed that the "high tech" units they used in the racks at the CIA office and at the very nice CIA agent's house just were boxes like Behringer digital eq's and Aphex autotune.. hehe, it's was kinda weird. I have heard about this phenomemon before, but this was the first time I've actually noticed  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             23-Sep-02  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

psylichon

Link?: Link

The funniest thing is, you should see how they wired the stuff up in frames 75,299-775,380. I guess CIA agents don't know anything about sidechain inserts??? dumbasses!

psylichon

Message 3/16             23-Sep-02  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

k

ha ha!!... that always makes me laugh the way they have a like a astronomy lab etc in sci fi flims with like 3 racked adat's etc.

Message 4/16             23-Sep-02  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

influx

Link?:  Link

heh...in Contact...they have..ahh what was it...akai samplers...focusrite EQs...some other shit in the lab scenes

pretty funny that only geeks like us would notice

Message 5/16             23-Sep-02  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

Bastiaan

haha...akai stuff does look kinda scientificy though.

Message 6/16             23-Sep-02  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

psylichon

couldn't go wrong with a 36u rack of supernovas.

psylichon

Message 7/16             23-Sep-02  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

k

Link?:  Link

yeah in Contact!!... ha ha that one made me laugh (apart from Jodie Foster doing her 'Dorothy' routine with the kids at the end which rated 100 on the cringe-factor!!!)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/16             23-Sep-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

damballah

File?:  [image]

[image file]

"Those high tech devices look pretty
convincing to me"

Message 9/16             23-Sep-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

99devils

Influx - they were ADATs or DA88's or some other kind of MDMs in Contact.

That's one of my favorite flicks too  

-Craig

Message 10/16             23-Sep-02  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

k

!!... it's the White Stripes in 30 years time!!  

Message 11/16             23-Sep-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

errata

In defence of Contact, they were recording sound! And playing the sound back, isolated, amplified...just a snippet of the over-all recording...

That's pretty much what I do with my samplers and FX!!!

e

Message 12/16             23-Sep-02  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

psylichon

exactly, errata. I said the same thing the last time this came up.

But what would the CIA do with autotune? :}

psylichon

Message 13/16             23-Sep-02  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

errata

"But what would the CIA do with autotune? :}"

Make our new insect overlords sound like humans!

e

Message 14/16             23-Sep-02  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

k

heh heh

Message 15/16             23-Sep-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

influx

good point. it was about audio

Ive seen other movies though...where they probably just borrowed from the film scorer

Message 16/16             23-Sep-02  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Hi tech? bah, humbug! :)

k

what would have been funny would be they tweaked the Tv screen in the film and an image appeared of Kiss Live... lol!!!!

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)