aaa mysticism - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: mysticism

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             27-Sep-02  @  07:50 PM   -   mysticism

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i can't read that other thread any more, people get very precious about it. it'd be called 'knowledge' if you didn't have to believe it because you're supposed to.

anyway, while i was tending my garden, this occured to me. psyllycorn, this is for you. a description of my own path of knowledge, of various qualities..

perhaps properly termed clairaudiomancy.. imagineering.. :p

when i was a child, i was taught to look for hidden images.. not 'where's waldo,' but in natural forms.. in all forms. draw piccies of faces that are other faces upside down. old games. remember mt. st. helens cloud?

i got good at it on acid, like i reckon most people do. any random contour, a rough wall, carpet, rocks forms a mosaic of figures, interracting if i'm well into it.

well, this is my path. i do this with sound.. i can listen to a bit of dribbly noise and hear it rattling off whole coherent paragraphs. give it about an octave of variation for expressive phrasing.. ..if you're setting up a source/tap that is.

and mystically, i can do this with anything. the sound you make on the floor with your shoes.. to gather knowledge about you. keeping eyes and ears open for what i see and hear there. as opposed to looking for it.

as a mystical process, it must be considered in light of the traditions of dadaism and burroughs ('giver of winds' is his magical name) cut-ups to understand the relation between self, universe, senses. and yes, i will assert that on countless occasions i have received knowledge about real things i shouldn't have known about, but refer to above parties for authentification of this knowledge ("is it me? is it you?") cos i'm not interested in debating it. progression to pure (ie. w/o stimulus) clairaudience and clairvoyance followed.

i'd also like to mention that if you want your child to be wise, grow a garden, yes, do.. ..if they're hopelessly bookish, buy them their own copy of candide.. ..plant seeds.. and tend the garden

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             27-Sep-02  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: mysticism

psylichon

That's really awesome, xoxos. To be honest, that's kinda how I imagined you viewed the world. You're a truly lucky man to have such a head start.

Ya gotta realize we're all not that lucky. And I know it's the guru way to speak in riddles to lead the student to self-enlightenment. I'm sure they're not "riddles" to you but they damn well are to the rest of us (can any one of us really claim to understand x even 50% of the time???)

Have patience in our youthful search for truth, and guide with love instead of disdain. You probably have more to offer than anyone here. We wanna know! Er... feel.

psylichon

Message 3/5             27-Sep-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: mysticism

xoxos

loads of heads catch it like a ball, but it's like i don't speak swahili. and distain? love? you tell me the dif. and employ patience in the telling..

and excuse me for doing the 'telling' thing, sir.. but here's some truly precious advice..

...employ absolutes and superlatives with utmost discretion..

Message 4/5             27-Sep-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: mysticism

Zazza

Link?:  No link

mmm.. i used to meditate/go inside a lot and then one time.. my consciousness split into a crowd of voices.. telling me what to do, giving me advice, seducing me, berating me etc etc...

and I wonder if our thoughts are over-rated? Are they just an expression of simple urges.. most of the time.. but they are cool sometimes too... they are what they are.. not that important...

Religious persuasion is inherited.. so what real choices do we have?

Build a fantasy that keeps you comfortable.. the universe is chillingly indifferent and sustaining at the ssame time.. what a paradox..

Just keep to the simple premise that you know fuck-all about anything and work from there..

There are no facts, no certainties, no divine guidelines, no conclusions...

Humility is the only sane way to approach anything.. and then maybe things will become clearer.. maybe not..

All these arguments are just expressions of spiritual ego.. I am more sussed than you, I am more right-on than you.. we are all lost in the wilderness.. only your actions count.. the tiny everyday choices we make and those are the most nakedly revealing..

Message 5/5             27-Sep-02  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: mysticism

pict

Link?:  No link

"whatever you do will be insignificant,but it is important that you do it"

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)