aaa Minor problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Minor problem

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             17-Feb-03  @  05:37 AM   -   Minor problem

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey. I'm running Sonar XL on XP/P4. I wanted to automate Mute today. Couldn't do it either with a mute envelope or recording automation. There was no response. I had Record Automation selected on the mute button so that the red box is around Mute and I had the Playback Automation button selected. In W98 I couldn't automate Reaktor CCs. I can do that now which is great but the track Mute button doesn't respond now. I've used other envelopes without problems. I think I've even used Volume envelopes recently without problems. Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             17-Feb-03  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: Minor problem

psylichon

hmmm weird. read my thread right below yours. Perhaps mute automation is a more general problem than I thought with my rewire issue.

psy

Message 3/6             17-Feb-03  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: Minor problem

psylichon

also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or you're doing it and it's not working but:

make sure you're actually recording automation. You have to hit the "record automation" button on the transport, which will only become available when all tracks are disarmed and at least one parameter is armed for automation. Kinda unnecessary, I think. If you arm something for automation, it should record movement even during playback, right?

psy

Message 4/6             17-Feb-03  @  03:08 PM   -   RE: Minor problem

§ï†ÅR

LOL. That's probably the problem. I didn't hit the record automation transport. I'll find out in a bit. Although why an envelope doesn't work I don't know. I've forgotten so much in Sonar after being away from it for about a year. I have to figure out how to use the dr008 all over again too.

Thanks mang!

Message 5/6             17-Feb-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Minor problem

psylichon

yeah, the mute envelopes don't seem very consistent. I mean, you can draw a fade in them. At what point does the mute (a momentary switch) actually close or open? Strangeness... they just don't work right.

God, what i would love is a 'convert mutes to slip edits'..... ooooh, that would be sick. but fix the mute automation first

Message 6/6             17-Feb-03  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Minor problem

§ï†ÅR

The way mute works is on or off. South of 0 point it off. North of 0 point is on. A mute fade would be the same as volume fade. I can't think of how it would be different. I still have to try this mute record.  

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)