aaa things i like - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: things i like

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Feb-03  @  05:53 PM   -   things i like...

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

...from dashsynthesis.com for Reaktor. Really everything BUT, here are a few I'm using so far:

j106-remarkable Juno 106 Clone!

JayDee-Roland 800(?) Clone

daPadrone-Atmospheric

daSequer-I just started using this yesterday. This one will take a while to understand. 2 sequencers include-synth/drum. I used the drum sequencer and it sounds fantastic and tight.

Blackbird-I just like it.

Dynamics-Compressor/Limiter. This is a real keeper from the GUI to the possibilities. Nice stereo width function on it too.

daDashblower-simple but FATT sounds.

There are more but I havent tried them much yet!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             21-Feb-03  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: things i like

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

Is Reaktor really the muts nuts then ?

Is it like having 1000 different synths or is there a common sound and feel ?

(Excuse my ignorance but I've never even seen it)

Message 3/9             21-Feb-03  @  04:28 PM     Edit: 21-Feb-03  |  04:30 PM   -   RE: things i like

§ï†ÅR

The sounds are way different. Course some sound similar to eachother. And a few you'll probably find wanting for sound quality. But take those away and don't use any that sound close to another and you still have an enormous, practically unlimited studio. There are granular, classic analog (and they do sound analog), additive synthesizers, fm, hybrid, digital, several drumboxes, emulations and clones of hardware synths, drum and synth sequencers. It's almost as if there are no 2 alike, but there are some that are similar. And there are fx. And there are samplers. And there are libraries of user made. Of course you can create your own monstrocities in any or all of the categories. I find the fx sections of many of these synths to awesome. I use some of the stand alone fx too. I have a monster good compressor/limiter stereo enhancer and probably the best reverb in my aresenal is 6 Verb. I guess that's a matter of taste to a degree.

And that little baby cost $9.95
Well, you asked amigo  

Message 4/9             21-Feb-03  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: things i like

k

yeah the JP trance synth sounds are pretty good out of the box for the JP eurotrance/anthem sound - impressive range of synths.

Message 5/9             21-Feb-03  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: things i like

§ï†ÅR

yea. there's one sequencer comes with Reaktor. The preset that places the second you open it is awesome. You could never use the preset but it's a great trance arpeggiated lead. I think it pans back and forth and definately envelopes up and down in volume.

Message 6/9             22-Feb-03  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: things i like

R.A.T.

Bloody hell, the screenshot looks like all the features of T-Racks. Not bad for $9.95. Is it as good ?

Nice. Do you use it in all your tracks ? (and wheres the hifi version of Nothing to loose you promised to me and Psy ? Do you use Reaktor in that ?)

Cheers mate.

Matt

Message 7/9             22-Feb-03  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: things i like

§ï†ÅR

oops. How do I get it to ya? I just downloaded this compressor last week. I did a little comparison between this and my Timeworks compressor but not enough yet. I wouldn't discount any of my other compressors but this one contains drama I guess I could say. As for T-Racks, I haven't used that since I redid my puter. I doubt it but really couldnt say.

And yes I did almost everything for Nothing to Lose in Reaktor. That was the first track I did after being away for about a year. The only thing I didn't use Reaktor for in that track was some of the percussion.

Message 8/9             23-Feb-03  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: things i like

psylichon

well you got my address. I accept music in my mailbox at all times  

psy

Message 9/9             23-Feb-03  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: things i like

§ï†ÅR

consider it done....sometime next week :P

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)