aaa New PC. Memory problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New PC. Memory problems

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             17-Feb-03  @  07:03 PM   -   New PC. Memory problems

trey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey!

I have just got a new PC:

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
ASUS A7N8X nforce2
1024MB DDR Kingston 333 mhz PC2700
2x Western Digital Caviar XL 80gb 8mb cache
Excalibur ATI Radeon 9000 PRO 64MB DDR
Zalman 60000CU
Q-Tec PSU ATX LOW NOISE 350W
Chieftec Chassi Dragon Miditower
Audiophile 24/96
Win XP

I have got some errors which i think has to do with my RAM memories.

When running Win XP i get this blue screen with the following text:

---------------------------------
"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. IF this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to male sure any new hardware or software is propeply installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or
disable components. restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup option and then select safe mode.

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or tech support for further assistance."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Also i have got the same blue screen a few times but then with a different error message.

Does this have to do with my type of memories or?

Should i change them for another type of memories?

Please help me anyone

regards
trey

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             17-Feb-03  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

influx

Link?:  Link

not necessarily memory. the memory dump is just a crash-recovery thing

something is causing major crashes. XP shouldnt do that, or at least RARELY.

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL "

is that exactly what it says?

Message 3/14             17-Feb-03  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Anex

That is most probably a driver fault somewhere in the system. Update all your drivers on the manufacturers websites and run win update.
I get this on 2K when I overclock my vid card too high, if it miscalculates something etc. it basically trips the whole machine up and causes it to memory dump.

Message 4/14             18-Feb-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Interestingly enough, the STAudio DSP24 cards have been suffering from this problem with WinXP. The manufacturers have acknowledge that it is a driver issue and have *mostly* corrected for it in the latest release.. but on hearing that Audiophile users are also getting it.. I'm starting to wonder...

Marc_D

Message 5/14             18-Feb-03  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

k

is the bios all set right for ram and cpu speed? - did you try booting it with one dimm in place (512mb only) ?

Message 6/14             18-Feb-03  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Anex

K- It isn't a RAM fault, I know for certain it is a card issue.

Message 7/14             18-Feb-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

k

Link?:  Link

how?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/14             18-Feb-03  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Anex

I said above, I have seen it plenty of times before. Had it on a few TV cards too.
If you read the error message it says 'IRQ is not equal' or words to that effect. Memory doesn't use an IRQ.

Message 9/14             18-Feb-03  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Anex

Windows could be wrong of course, but with something like this I shouldn't think it is.
Plus if it was a memory problem it wouldn't even be able to blue screen, never mind memory dumping, would most likely just go black and do a full restart.

Message 10/14             19-Feb-03  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

§ï†ÅR

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL " Type that into googles search engine and you'll come up with tons of links. I was getting this when I first installed xp and ran games. For me it turned out to be a RAM issue, but from everything I've read it can mean just about anything. I suggest going to tweaktown.com and look for the article on optimizing xp or optimizing bios. In that article are links to several free benchmarking tools. One of those tools checks how your memory is working.

Message 11/14             19-Feb-03  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Anex

Was it?! It shouldn't bring up that error msg for a memory problem. Sodding windows.
Sorry K, obviously I was wrong.

Message 12/14             19-Feb-03  @  10:44 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-03  |  10:45 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Steve Roughley

This is a protection error. Basically it means that something is possibly harmful to the machine hardware or software so Windows will not let it run. It could be absolutely anything. Try running in Basic (safe) mode and see what happens. If it runs OK, then systematically remove all non-vital devices until you find the problem. If it persists, then it will be either a problem with the RAM, CPU or Mobo.

When I had a similar problem, it was because AOL software had installed an AOL Dial-Up adapter, which obviously did not run in harmony with something in my system. When I removed it everything was normal. And now I am plotting to bomb the AOL/Time Warner building.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 13/14             20-Feb-03  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

psylichon

take a number, steve

Message 14/14             20-Feb-03  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: New PC. Memory problems

Si

Here's a link from the Microsft page about it....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314063

Basically talks about the HCL and having the right drivers for every bit of hardware.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)