aaa cyclone - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: cyclone

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             18-Feb-03  @  06:57 PM   -   cyclone

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Finally got a legit and registered copy of Sonar XL. At the moment I'm just setting up templates checking out the dxis and fx. While I was playing around with cyclone I couldn't find any "slicing" paramaters if I loaded a wav. file it would not automaticly slice, so I saved the wav. file as a RIFF (acid) wave and reloaded it still no slices,
the loops that come on the sonar cd all slice fine but I am not able to adjust the slice points I am able to edit each slice but not edit the size/start/end of the slice. I guess I was expecting somthing like the sampler in orion where you load a file and then silce it and presto it's loaded and mapped. Sooo my question is if I want to have a wave file sliced up in cyclone do I have to slice it up myself in sound forge and load it up one slice at a time or am I just missing somthing ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             18-Feb-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: cyclone

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

I wish I could help you on that one. I haven't even used Cyclone yet.   So much stuff to use. Hopefully Monsieur Cakewalk will pop in soon.

Message 3/12             18-Feb-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

I figured it out...... ok first apply grove clip looping then edit the loop in the loop construction view......then just drag that sonofabitch over to the loop bin in cyclone a there ya go all sliced up and ready to be mapped. Alright peace out back to playing

Message 4/12             18-Feb-03  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

wow. i never knew it could do that! Excellent... that may eliminate my need for rewire!

Message 5/12             19-Feb-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

still having a little trouble getting to grips with it. I'm trying to figure out the pad editor thing I'm not sure I understand the grid. is it a sequencer?

Message 6/12             19-Feb-03  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: cyclone

Conscience

Yes - the grid is the sequencer.

Message 7/12             19-Feb-03  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Cakewalk

Glad you figured it out.

Here's a tip on our site that gives an overview of some of the things you can do with Cyclone:

http://www.cakewalk.com/tips/TechTipApril02_2.asp

Message 8/12             19-Feb-03  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Conscience

Mr. Cakewalk,

Thanks for following this forum - it's really cool that you jump in every now and again to help us out. You're help is GREATLY appreciated.

I do have a question about Cyclone, though. I have 2.2 (legal copy) on my machine, and I would like to use Cyclone as a sample playback tool. However, if I load a .wav file of a kik drum in, assign it to key C2, load a .wav of a snare and assign it to key D2, and then trigger those samples from a midi loop I create, the samples get all choppy. Am I using Cyclone improperly, or is there something else going on? Thanks for the help.

Message 9/12             20-Feb-03  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

conscience, does increasing the buffer size help at all?

Message 10/12             20-Feb-03  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: cyclone

psylichon

Oh, it's so close! Cyclone would be killer with a few enhancements.

I'd like to be able to trigger the same pad polyphonically, and velocity volume scaling is absolutely required to regroove loops. A filter would be nice, even if it's only globally.

Just do what Dr.Rex in Reason does, but do it better and with multiple outs and you have a killer built-in-app.

psy

Message 11/12             21-Feb-03  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

I know what u mean about the stuttering its not a buffer/latency issue as far as i can tell. It seems that where you position the "slices" on the sequencer affects the slices start time, if that makes sense. for example if you drage each slice doen to each pad in order you get a downward stair looking pattern (like in the example off the cakewalk website)when i play the first pad with my controller keyboard it responds instantly when i play the second pad it hesitates a little when i play the third pad it hesitates even longer, The only way ive been able to use cyclone is if i drag each slice to the far left of that shitty little sequencer then each pad responds immediatly when a midi note is played then i sequence using piano roll. mabey im retarded but that sequencer dosn't make a damn bit of sense to me somthing about this dxi is just bass ackward everything comes out sounding all stuttery and changes i make in the sequence don't affect the loop in the way i expect them to. besides all that I loaded up my song last night and alll my loops were gone from cyclone luckily i saved the loops as a .cyc cyclone file right? WRONG!!!! the file won't load may be corrupted. Great idea poorly implimented???

Message 12/12             25-Feb-03  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: cyclone

Yonce N Mild

Every time I open a project my cyclone settings are all screwed up. The right loops are in the loop bin but the pads arn't mapped correctly its a pain in the ass i saved the teh .cyc file but when I load it, teh same screwed up settings load. anybody else have any problems with saving and loading cyclone presets??

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)