aaa Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             20-Feb-03  @  04:06 PM   -   Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1

robinhmuir

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

can u play and record using cakewalk with guitars. like to play your guitar through the computer and record what you play. is it possible and if so, HOW!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             20-Feb-03  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1

99devils

Link?: Link

With Sonar, it is (technically). Depends on your system and how low you can get the latency.

-Craig

Message 3/4             21-Feb-03  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1

k

Link?:  No link

if you mean play your guitar into Cake and have the fx added in realtime so you can hear them as you play, then yes, as 99 says above - you need fast low latency soundcard and sonar (2.2 is now asio equipt for 98 as well as win2k/xp)

With even latency as high as 20ms or more you can add reverb, delay and other 'time based' ADDITIVE fx... but to pass thru a s/w compressor or whatever would need alot lower latency - personaly i recommend an external hardware compressor for that job. But with so much headroom now on digital systems, is a compressor needed really? (except to get a 'compressed sound' which you can do by adding a compressor on playback)

I've just completed alot of guitar based rock recording and all the guitars were tracks and then compression etc was added on playback, and it sounds great!

Message 4/4             21-Feb-03  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk_AUDIO FX/1

psylichon

Link?: Link

Well, for incredibly dynamic sources like guitar and voice, it is nice to have a compressor going in... also saves DSP later. Of course, the 'software monitoring with effects' that all DAW packages do doesn't actually record the effect anyway, so it's kinda pointless except to hear how you'll be effecting it later while it's being recorded.

I now cut most things sans comression and EQ, unless I'm in a big studio.

psy

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)