aaa Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Mar-03  @  05:28 PM   -   Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

dr_bubble

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

You guys want to talk about new Music?

I'm so in love with the New Nick Warren Global Underground 24 Reykjavik. I give it full marks, 5/5, Two thumbs up, 10/10, whatever your rating system is. These discs are INSTANT classics in my humble opinion.

Both discs are mind blowingly good. I never really liked any of Nick Warren's GUs for his lack of programming and poor composition but I think this is his best work yet. It definitely puts him in the same class with Dave Seaman and Sasha. Needless to say, this album give me wind for my creative sails.

Disc 1 - Reminiscent of his "Back to Mine" days and Northern Exposure I (Satellite Serenade - Keiichi Suzuki/These Waves - Young American Primitive/Last Train To Lhasa - Banco De Gaia), this one doesn't fail to please the downtempo crowd with some amazing breaks (not all breaks) and melodic ditties that just don't stop.

Disc 2 - Deep Progressive. Starting really on the slower more "Medway - Resurection/Van Bellen Dub" tip and Mr. Warren masterfully picks it up as the discs go on. More of the prime time deep progressive set for all those into the deeper electric dreamy sound (such as Mana's - Psionic).

Amazing tracks, composition, and programming all round on BOTH disc. Both very dreamy and melodic but in different veins. Got the promo mixes from a friend a few weeks back and they've been on heavy rotation ever since. I've already ordered it off Amazon but it won't ship until the 28th. Bleh. This is one of those to buy (and worth every penny).

No worries. Like downtempo or the "Back to Mine" series? Disc 1 is sure to please (as far as GU cds are concerned I'm primarily a disc 1 kind of guy. But disc two satisfies just the same as it is more Club ready.)

Check it out if you guys get a chance. Best music I've heard in a long time. I know why I still love this music after hearing these.

Cheers,

Matthew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             07-Mar-03  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

nobody

Link?: Link

What if you think Sasha's music is crap?

I liking Hujaboy, Boo Reka, Psy Sex, Luke Slater right now... Lots else too, but these a lot for the moment..

Message 3/5             07-Mar-03  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

the knowa

yeah I think it's horrible too.

jan jelinek, snd, nobukazu takemura, geez'n'gosh

Message 4/5             07-Mar-03  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

k

sounds like an advert to me...  

Message 5/5             08-Mar-03  @  12:10 AM     Edit: 08-Mar-03  |  12:14 AM   -   RE: Nick Warren GU24 - Instant Classic

dr_bubble

Hehe. Advert nothing. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Don't like Sasha? Simply don't listen.

Matthew

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)