aaa Taking a track and adding drums - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Taking a track and adding drums

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             05-Apr-03  @  06:22 AM   -   Taking a track and adding drums

l Stick

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK I have a song that I want to add a drum track to. It's not important what the song is, but it has a vocal and I am trying to just add a drum track to play along with it. When I try this with Reason and Recycle, the drums always drift off beat within 64 bars. I know there is a simple way around this, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Apr-03  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: Taking a track and adding drums

k

Link?: Link

ok

1. was the vocal (and anything else accompanying it - we'll call 'backing') done to a click track?

if NOT, then how do you know it isnt drifting tempo and that is simply why your drums 'drift' after a while?

otherwise if it WAS one to a click then if it drifts after 64 bars, then your tempo is out by a fraction, or the file start time needs to be shifted forward/back by a fraction

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             07-Apr-03  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Taking a track and adding drums

DJ Prolly Not

If you're using a digital multitrack editor like Cubase or Cool Edit, you should just export the drum files as short loops and line up each one with the beat. Then even if the tempo is drifting it won't be noticeable within those short loops.

Message 4/6             07-Apr-03  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Taking a track and adding drums

k

Link?:  No link

true, that works also as long as the gap is minimal

Message 5/6             07-Apr-03  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Taking a track and adding drums

Pongoid

acid

Message 6/6             08-Apr-03  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: Taking a track and adding drums

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

live

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)