aaa Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             13-Jul-03  @  10:59 AM   -   Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

got a new build happening for a client using the gigabyte board with KT400 chipset, I'll be posting that up as it goes along this week coming. The client chose a cheap midrange 2400 athlon chip, but the board is ready for barton chips so he can upgrade in future.

we paid 300 quid for the board, cpu, cooler, 512 of 3200 ram, an 80gb deskstar drive, case, and Nvidia 32mb AGP card...

The client's going to keep his old pc & wants to run them both as the old machine has all his graphic's s/w on it and a cd-burner onboard, so we bought also a switching box and leads to wire both machines to the same keyboard/mouse & screen - The switching box was 21 quid with two sets of leads... this is also a good solution due to lack of deskspace for two screens and two keyboards etc in his studio.

We also got a nic card in the budget for his old machine (10 quid)... the Gigabyte board has built-in LAN connector, so we'll then wire both up as a small peer-to-peer network so he can keep the old machine for CD burning duties with the burner it has fitted already.

so 300 quid for the basic bits, then we have another 100 allocated for the asio soundcard... I'm going for the hoontech dsp 24/96 Value package with the DB1 midi & s/pdif bracket

So that'll bring the box in at a tad over 400 quid INCLUDING the asio card but excluding screen, mouse, keys, & cdrw which will be shared with the old machine

anyways if you're interested in the Gigabyte board for a machine stay tuned...

It's a nice motherboard package!... and includes a copy of Norton internet security with anti-virus included! - that's a nice perk indeed and worth a few quid.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Jul-03  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

k

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

thats the bits

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             13-Jul-03  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

k

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

the board... very nice

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             18-Jul-03  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

K

well, it's up and running... so far so good. OS install next, Gigabyte includes a clocking s/w you can run from windows, so I'll take a look at that later.

Message 5/7             23-Jul-03  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

cantordust

do you know if the motu 2408mkII or 828 audio cards are compatible in the ga-7vaxp? i bought it and have had no luck with either. any suggestions?
thanks!!

mark

Message 6/7             23-Jul-03  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

k

why?... what's the problem?

Message 7/7             27-Jul-03  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Gigabyte GA-7VAX-A

k

well I gave it a tester yesterday - I ran 1 albino, 1 fm7, 2 kontakts, 1 battery, 1 absynth, a couple of reverbs, a delay and a few audio tracks with RCL - the meter in SX was flickering just under 10% - pitiful! - seems like it's got a good power-to-price ratio the 2400 chip

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)