aaa Emu EOS controller software - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Emu EOS controller software

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             14-Jul-03  @  09:55 PM   -   Emu EOS controller software

a.storey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anybody know of any decent controller software that's compatable with Emu Ultra (EOS) samplers? (Mac OS X preferably, but I guess I have more chance of a pc program existing!)

I've seen 'mesa' being used on the pc with akai samplers, which looks like an excellent tool for building presets and banks, all with the convenience of being able to store all of your samples, keymaps etc to your workstation.

At the moment, the only way of communicating with the sampler is with my wav editor (Spark XL), in which samples have to be sent one at a time, and
hours upon hours of working with the sampler front panel to build presets.

I know this is gonna sound lazy, but I've even considered purchasing ESX24 purely for the fact I can build presets quickly, and have all the samples & settings stored conveniently on the mac's HDD.

I don't want to have to spend another 200 quid on a sampler, when the emu is such a powerful machine.

Is there any software out there that will make my life easier?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             15-Jul-03  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: Emu EOS controller software

milan

Link?: Link

Emagic Sounddiver? i think OSX version aint out yet, but it covers pretty much every other OS and every synth/sampler type known to man, and it is *very* good.

Message 3/5             15-Jul-03  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: Emu EOS controller software

a.storey

Hmm...may have to do a bit of saving for that...I guess I may have enough by the time they release the osx version!

While we're on the point - what do you guys do for backing up your samples / presets / banks? I assume you all use an internal HDD....but what backup method do you use to get a reliable backup of your work in EOS?

Message 4/5             15-Jul-03  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Emu EOS controller software

Influx

Link?: Link

isnt there a dedicated prog for the Ultras? I Thought there was

Message 5/5             15-Jul-03  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Emu EOS controller software

a.storey

Yeah, I think there is some controller software written by emu themselves.....but I'm sure I've heard it's just simply a 'virtual' controller using the exact font-panel interface found on the sampler.

I think it was designed for studios that may have the sampler out of arm's reach etc....I think they charge 30 quid for it too!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)