aaa fm7 cc help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: fm7 cc help

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Jul-03  @  01:58 PM   -   fm7 cc help

mathew

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

do you know how i can get midi cc changes to work in fm7. I know it is something in preferences but cant understand what it says in the manual etc.
Thanks
mathew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             17-Jul-03  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

mcc>

i think native instruments has a users' forum for registered users which might be very helpful.

Message 3/8             17-Jul-03  @  02:56 AM     Edit: 17-Jul-03  |  02:58 AM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

NI forum is a pretty good place to get NI questions answered. I know people have the FM7 here though. Just can't think of who offhand.

Are you hosting it in a sequencer or using it as a standalone? I can say this. In Reaktor ensembles you right click on any knob you want to send cc to and go to preferences. There you'll see the # that's assigned to that knob (which you can change if you wanted to for any reason). Also there's where you enable it to respond to midi or disable midi response. From there it's up to whatever you're using to send cc messages. Maybe the FM7 works the same way but I don't know.

Message 4/8             17-Jul-03  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

k

I've got it... What's the problem matthew?... cos in logic or sx the cc numbers are all there in the dropdown list in the automation.

Message 5/8             17-Jul-03  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

mathew

i am using it as a vsti in cubase 5.

the cc numbers are loaded up but the info doesnt seem to be passing from cubase to fm7.

m

Message 6/8             22-Jul-03  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

k

have you checked the preferences in FM7?... and is VST set to filter out controller data?

Message 7/8             30-Jul-03  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

With FM7, you have to make FM7 "midi learn" whatever CCs you want the controls to take.. once assigned, you can then save these CC assignments and control FM7 via Cubase (or h/w controller configured to send out these exact CCs). Nearly every control in FM7 can be assigned to a CC#, in fact there are more assignable controls in FM7 than there are available CC#s

Usually, you just right mouse click on the control (I believe it gets highlighted in red) and then wiggle the physical controller you want assigned to it - knowing the CC# that controller actually sends is vital in then getting Cubase to control the same thing

Message 8/8             07-Aug-03  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: fm7 cc help

ton

I have to say that I find the controllers for the FM7 very messy, to follow Milan I was checking all MIDI CC numbers to see what they do but aprt from the obvious volume, panning and so nothing happened ! (Logic 5.1, win98se)
The automation controls in logic make no sense either (yes, in preferences the logic workaround is activated) they all make one squirrely noise. Midi learn is something I haven't tried since I have no external controllers...
I'd like to control all parameters though !! It is a superb synth that I have been waiting for for many years. Prevented me from buying the FS1R hardware synth.
But so yes, control, more of it.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)