aaa can you delete a partition and stil - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: can you delete a partition and stil

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             26-Jul-03  @  12:33 AM   -   can you delete a partition and stil

Influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

regain that space?

I have a 20gig drive that is partitioned for system and backup...Im gonna buy a backup/samples drive and would like to get the full 20 back on this system drive

can I do that without reformatting? Im pretty sure I know the answer, but just wanted to give the experts something to ramble about. how nice of me!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-Jul-03  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: can you delete a partition and stil

psylichon

not without Partition Magic. There may be other utilities that can do it, but that's the famous one. Of course, backup the data to another drive first, regardless of how ya do it.

Message 3/5             26-Jul-03  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: can you delete a partition and stil

Si

Yep, Partition Magic or something similar is really the only option. It was quite good when I used it a couple of years ago, so I can only imagine it being a lot more stable and easier to use now.

Message 4/5             26-Jul-03  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: can you delete a partition and stil

Influx

danke

Message 5/5             19-Aug-03  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: can you delete a partition and stil

R.A.T.

Link?:  No link

Use the DOS version if you have XP though. Runs off a floppy (the main prog makes it for you), takes half the time of the Windows one and doesn't crash, scaring the shit out of you and possibly loosing your data.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)