aaa VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             01-Aug-03  @  09:29 PM   -   VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

spectre_one

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Couldn't let the Sonar forum go a month without a post ;)

Anyone else have any problems with the VST-DX wrapper after updating to the Cakewalk version?

Most of my VST effects load and play fine, but I'm having problems with automation. I can assign automation envelopes and they show up on the track but have no effect. It's like Sonar is not recognizing the control changes because not only does it not have an effect on the track, but the VST's parameters in the GUI don't change either. It happens both for audio clips and also when I try to assign them to the audio tracks for my soft synths.

My automatable DX effects from cakewalk work fine.

I'm using the latest build of the wrapper from cakewalk and Sonar2.2xl

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Aug-03  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

Only thing I can say is I had the problem early on with Reaktor 3 but not with vst wrapper. Cakewalk told me I would probably have to reinstall both Sonar and Reaktor. Eventually I upgraded my OS to XP so naturally everything was a clean install and it all works fine. I'd give them a call if you're on warranty and see if they have another solution. The tech guy tried a few things with me over the phone before telling me I needed to reinstall.

Message 3/5             07-Aug-03  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

spectre_one

Yeah, it's starting to look like a fresh install might be in order. All sorts of weird quarks are starting to appear. At first it looked like it coincided with upgrading to the cakewalk wrapper, but I'm starting to see new problems also: I can't load presets in some of my VST synths anymore, and when I close my project, these same synths don't retain their settings, which sucks A LOT. Also been seeing other non-wrapper related problems in Sonar. Significant increase in of audio drop outs, freeze-ups, Cubase style *poofs*, GUI errors, etc. I don't know, Sonar has been super reliable and solid for so long. I've been trying to trace back my steps, but can't figure what could have caused all this. The only recent major changes was the upgrade to the cakewalk wrapper and I finally updated to 2.2, but that's been a while ago.

All legit software, by the way.

Message 4/5             13-Aug-03  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

from the date of your post, do you know about the worm that's been invading puters all over the web? That could be causing lack of memory problems anyway. In any case make sure to get the latest Windows critical updates if you're using Windows. Also:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MSBLAST.A

They explain how to remove the bug manually but still get the updates after you do, that's if you have the bug on your puter.

Message 5/5             13-Aug-03  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: VST-DX wrapper probs in Sonar2

spectre1

You know what? I did get the msblast worm and I first noticed it late last week right about the time of my post.

I haven't had much time to work since then so I haven't seen how the system is handling since I removed the worm and downloaded the patch.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)