aaa Only 64 steps ???!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Only 64 steps ???!!!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             01-Aug-03  @  10:59 PM   -   Only 64 steps ???!!!

Yonce n Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok in project5 i am trying to step recodr a little robotic sounding hi hat part that is straight 16ths then a little machine gun of 32nds. I want to make it 4 measures long but the amount of steps on p-seq only goes up to 64 and the the recording loops around to the begining no matter what i do I can't get it to step record more than 64 total steps I can point and click in as many as I want but that is a pain in the ass I can't even stop recording and then add another 64 after it wtf this is infuriating any ideas or am I just doomed to point and click ???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Aug-03  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Only 64 steps ???!!!

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I don't know how Project 5 works but you could put the hats into a new track and double the bpm. This way 64ths will actually be 128ths as you line them up with the actual track you're going to paste them into in mind.

Adobe Illustrator is like that. In CorelDraw you can zoom in like 16,000x or something like that, where as Illustrator has far less zoom capability, maybe 1,000x. So in Illustrator you grab a corner of your vector graphic and stretch it out 16x bigger at 100% view. Then when you zoom in 1,000x it's as if you've zoomed in 16,000 times.

Every program has things it does better than others. For the things in a program that does less than in others there's usually a workaround.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)