aaa Laptop touchpad as midicontroller - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Aug-03  @  03:50 PM   -   Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

Jon k.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just bought a laptop tor my music production, and wondered if the pressure sensitive touchpad on it could be used as a midivelocity controller? Any small proggies for this? Would make finger drumming the next big thing;)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             08-Aug-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

k

jesus! - what a f*cking brilliant idea! - anyone?

Message 3/7             08-Aug-03  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

beds

Link?:  Link

yeah great! does it only measure direction though? or could you configure different areas of the mouse pad as seperate things?

Message 4/7             08-Aug-03  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

beds

Link?:  Link

erm ... touchpad

Message 5/7             08-Aug-03  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

99devils

Link?: Link

I imagine it does measure pressure, as that can be adjusted through Windows.. I don't know. I never really thought about it before...

-Craig

Message 6/7             09-Aug-03  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

jon k.

great to see responses! long time since i have been here... with my comp came a small app that shows a pressuregraph in realtime, so an app shouldn't be to hard to make. Maybe i should make an app and be filthly rich and infamoose!

..but i'd still like to see an app for this;) זרו
it goes down better with the chicks to be a moose for muzik, you know!

ok i'm hammered..

Message 7/7             14-Aug-03  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: Laptop touchpad as midicontroller

Fink

I think there is one that lets you use the mouse as a controller over at Maz-sound.com. Maybe get the source for that prg or one of those joystick to midi programs and add the pressure parameter.

Fink

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)