aaa piano roll zooming (revert) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: piano roll zooming (revert)

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             11-Aug-03  @  09:18 PM   -   piano roll zooming (revert)

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey,

Got a pretty easy question-

In the piano roll, I ed up and made the screen zoom. Now I can't get it back to the defaults and its REALLY agrivating. Ive tried closing the piano roll and starting up another one- but not working.

Anyone know?

Later,

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             12-Aug-03  @  06:10 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Broken Silence

Don't tell me that none of the logic users on this board don't know what im talking about...

Message 3/13             12-Aug-03  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

milan

Link?: Link

ctrl+ cursor keys? or ctrl + mouse scroll wheel. that should do it

Message 4/13             13-Aug-03  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

beds

Link?:  Link

ummm, never come across that

what really annoy sme though is that 5.5.1 has for some reason decided to have the follow part thing clicked as default. you know hwen you want to edit a midi part and you're playing the whole track, if you double click into a midi part to change it, once the "play head" has gone over that bit it will automatically switch to the next part. very very annoying. you can click the littel button on the side to stop it, but it's always on as a default everytime you open a track.

can i moan some more about this?

moan moan moan

Message 5/13             13-Aug-03  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

k

lol...

Message 6/13             13-Aug-03  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Broken Silence

hmmm thats odd...before I was doing the exact same thing (ctrl + mouse wheel) but the initial setting wasnt one of them. when I loaded it up again it was. When it's big and abnormal (for my tastes), I came up with some wacky stuff-it helped!!

Thanks,

Andrew

Message 7/13             13-Aug-03  @  09:31 PM     Edit: 13-Aug-03  |  09:31 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Steve Roughley

What do you mean by you can't get it back to defaults B? Do you mean it is stuck? Have you tried unlocking your screenset and resizing it before locking the screenset again?

I know I am probably way off track... worth a shot though if it means I could be saviour for a day :P

Steve.

Message 8/13             14-Aug-03  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

beds

Link?:  Link

you might be right, i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Message 9/13             14-Aug-03  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Fink

Yeah probably locked screenset. It's the running man icon that makes the view follow the play head.

Fink

(isn't it, one of those buttons, not the chain one though. )

Message 10/13             14-Aug-03  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

k

I think (from memory) the LOCK SCREENSET is in the WINDOWS menu in Logic... same place where you assign or choose or update screensets WITHOUT using Logic's default key commands

Message 11/13             14-Aug-03  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Steve Roughley

In Windows just press "CTRL + L" (at least I think that is what it is... at work atm so not too sure) to toggle screenset lock. Once I found this out, I was extremely suprised at how useful it is to be able to quickly lock and unlock my screensets.

Steve.

Message 12/13             14-Aug-03  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

Broken Silence

Hmm...I think you all got it-

In the piano roll window, the initial settings are my favorites. By accident, I changed them which made the piano (on the left) really small and the notes really long- and I couldn't get the right setting ie the piano would be just right, but the notes would be huge etc etc..

But! It's all worked out now thank god hehe-

Thanks!

Message 13/13             16-Aug-03  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: piano roll zooming (revert)

k

screensets are a godsend - with dual monitors you are in heaven, trust me!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)