aaa Need help - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Need help

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             04-Sep-03  @  07:40 PM   -   Need help

djsolsticeforever

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

At the moment im wondering wether i should get a new soundcard or not but want a bit of pointing in the right direction. When i record vocals, i can either do it two ways a) into a fostex 8 track vf08 HDAW b) or straight into my pc

I find it more flexible to record into the pc as i can erase and cut paste etc easily whilst im recoding. To be able to record onto my pc i also use a micro meek (smaller joe meek pre amp fitted in the pc) this thas a left right JACK o/p which then goes straight into the soundcard via the crappy little mini jack i/p most pc's usually have when u first buy them. I can't remember what the type of the sound card is but im assuming its a standard one. What im bothered about is extra noise being added to recording into the pc due to the chepponess of the soundcard. Im sure theres crappy added sound being added to the recording when i put it into the pc coz when i listen to the recording on the fotex, they seem to sound cleaner. There are a few fans in the pc too and im wondering wether these have an effect on the recorded sound too. Do better soundcards cut out more noise, and therefore be much more helpfull than the one im using at the mo. I wouldn't mind having a few audio channels to maybe do a stereo recording of a guitar or somink if necessary but the main priority is keeping clean recordings. Oh and does anyone know how cubase sx is linked to another pc. Would it have to be done by a digital in ie s/pdif (forgot how to spell it) in and out or can it (hopefully) be done via usb cutting out having to buy 2 new soundcards. Scott

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             04-Sep-03  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: Need help

influx

Link?:  Link

definitely gonna see an improvement with a better card.

onboard cards do pick up noise I think.l.internal I mean...my RME does unfortunately

lastly...systemlink is through SPDIF

Message 3/3             05-Sep-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Need help

djsolsticeforever

Link?: Link

Ok, so do u know of any particular soundcards that would work well. Can u get external soundcards then even. I'll have to make sure i get one with spdif i/o.
Solli

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)