aaa Need help with beats - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Need help with beats

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             15-Sep-03  @  03:23 PM   -   Need help with beats

Fish

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm pretty new to the computer music genre. I have sonar and cubase and I need an easy way to make some drum beats I have softsynth and smaplers but am still a little confused.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             15-Sep-03  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Need help with beats

smart as

kick X--- X--- X--- X---
snare ---- X--- ---- X---
cl hat -X-X -X-X -X-X -X-X

"I like to move it move it" (repeat)

Message 3/5             16-Sep-03  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Need help with beats

Broken Silence

Do some research, play the drums for a while, play anything for a while. buy a metronome. listen to it for a while...bang on stuff

not joking

Message 4/5             29-Sep-03  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: Need help with beats

queasy00

Link?:  Link

"buy a metronome. listen to it for a while..."

lol!

-j

Message 5/5             29-Sep-03  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Need help with beats

k

Link?: Link

there's no easy way to make beats - open a drum grid and just play around adding-in and taking out notes until you get a groove.

or ytou could copy beats you like - import a short 1 or 2 bar loop of a drum part from a cd you like onto an audio track after trimming the loop exactly so it loops fine

then below that track playing the loop, add a midi track and assign it to drums... then copy the audio-loop beat, listening first to the kik and copying the kik by placing kik-drums onto the drum-grid so they trigger exactly in the same place to match the loop... then work on the hats, snare/clap etc etc

it takes time to get into it but learning from others' music (copying) is a good way.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)