aaa Yamaha_SU700 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Yamaha_SU700

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Sep-03  @  05:20 PM   -   Yamaha_SU700      [Link: Yamaha - SU700]

untold9

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am looking for something to spice up my rock bands show. I dont need a lot of the techno and r&b type sounds that are on the unit but what I want to know is... Will I be able to record things on my own and upload them to the unit such as Talking with a demonic sounding voice or a qoute from a historical person and be able to hit a button live and it will play. Is this the kind of thing im looking for to do these things or am I needing a totally different product? If you could give me some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Sep-03  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SU700

errata

Link?:  No link

yeah, sure, it would work for such things as that... but if that's all you want to do with it, think about getting a Boss sp-202 or a yamaha su10

they are way simpler sampler's and you just don't have any use for the power of a "techno" device like the su700... although, you may find that if you get one, you will quit the rock band and end up spending iolated weekends tweaking drum loops and making "video game" music for "e-tards".. which isn't half as bad as it sounds, yo!

e

Message 3/4             16-Sep-03  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SU700

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Errata, techno recruitment manager  

Message 4/4             18-Sep-03  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SU700

99devils

Link?: Link

Some good friends of mine use their SU-700 in their rock band to run loops and vocal samples and whatnot. Their drummer plays to a click. Probably more in depth than what you want.

-Craig

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)