aaa Sonar3 Patch Up - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar3 Patch Up

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             06-Nov-03  @  11:22 PM   -   Sonar3 Patch Up

spectre

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/kb2003194.asp

The've got a patch up for Sonar3 that adds plugin delay compensation for VST through the wrapper and adds further automation to the Ultrafunk plugs and the Lexicon reverb and a couple other bug fixes to the Vsampler.

I loaded up SIR in Sonar and the PDC works good.

Also, cakewalk actually have their own forums now instead of that newsgroup on Outlook Express. I was hoping they would do that sometime.

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             08-Nov-03  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

§ï†ÅR

Coolies. I got the email today. Thanks for the head's up!

Message 3/14             23-Nov-03  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

Defector Z

Question - does Sonar 3 Producer come with the VST Wrapper?

(I just ordered the upgrade Friday...)

Message 4/14             23-Nov-03  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

influx

Link?:  Link

Im tryin to figure out how to get those ultrafunk plugs

Message 5/14             24-Nov-03  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

spectre

Link?:  No link

I read on the cakewalk newsgroup that cakewalk may in the future release the sonitus package seperately. I've only had them for a few weeks, but I'm very impressed. I like its reverb quite a bit more than the lexicon one they were pushing hard as a selling point for Sonar 3.

Message 6/14             24-Nov-03  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

spectre

DefectorZ - yup, it comes with the wrapper. I've been using it since Sonar2 and it's worked well. The only problems I have had were with obscure freeware, usually synthedit stuff - probably like 2 or 3 plugs out of the several dozen I've tried with the adaptor.

Message 7/14             24-Nov-03  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

craig

Influx - I don't think you can currently get them seperately. As far as I know, a release is soon in the works from Cakewalk that'll include some minor freshening and full automation through Direct-X

-Craig

Message 8/14             27-Nov-03  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

Defector z

Just got Sonar 3.0 producer in the mail. There is some VERY cool stuff in this little package. I'm really digging the new look, although I think a second monitor is necessary to TRULY get the whole thing working just right. I'll have to look into that. Any good dual monitor video cards out there?

I just d/l'd a couple of freebee's from the Cakewalk website - FXPad - looks like a virtual Kaos pad, and the Triangle II softsynth. I'm also appreciating the standard EQ with each audio track now available. It always bothered me that I had to insert a DX effect to get eq. Also appreciating the ability to customize the color scheme. For us slightly color blind people, subtle shade changes in color doesn't always do it.

Message 9/14             27-Nov-03  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

k

I've got 2 dual cards, NVIDIA, the cheap one works fine (64mb) - it has dig & analog out and you use an adapter plug on the dig' socket.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/14             02-Dec-03  @  04:17 PM     Edit: 02-Dec-03  |  04:20 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

sitar

I have nvidia also. fx5900 ultra. i don't have a second monitor though. Don't know where I'd put it.

Nvidia, ATI, will probably be the best vidcards and they both offer several cards with dual monitor support.

Message 11/14             02-Dec-03  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

Defector z

Well, I got a Matrox one that Influx and Psy recommended - should be arriving this week. Thanks for the thoughts.

Regarding Sonar 3 - they seem to have fixed the audio glitch during looping. I get perfect loops everytime now. I don't know if it was a s/w thing or a settings thing, but it's working perfectly now. The extra plugs they included in the Producer edition are all fantastic, and the new U/I is a big improvement as well - not that they old way was insufficient. I'm looking forward to adding the new monitor for the obvious benefits when multitracking. Now all my music will be better and my tracks will suddenly fit the genre I think they belong in (I'm giving up on dnb). :-)

Message 12/14             02-Dec-03  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

sitar

That's great. I forgot about Matrox. Great cards too. My wife would kill me if I came home with a 2nd monitor. She thinks I spend way too much time on the computer as it is.

Message 13/14             02-Dec-03  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

psylichon

So def, your dual-monitor idea inspired me.... to buy a whole new system :D

Just ordered a 2800/1gb jobbie with the G450 to run 19" + 15" monitors. Gonna keep the old 1800/512mb system around as a softsynth backup (with MIDI and SPDIF interconnects to sync up and transfer audio) and general internet computer so my wife can surf with me [aaaaaaaaaw]. It's gonna take a while to get my head around my new setup, but having three monitors in one room plus a TV will be the shizzle innit...

Message 14/14             02-Dec-03  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 Patch Up

Defector Z

Actually, I already have a second monitor lying around from a computer that I can't seem to get working (quiet Influx!).

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)