aaa spinner 2 - spirograph your audio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: spinner 2 - spirograph your audio

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             29-Nov-03  @  04:21 PM   -   spinner 2 - spirograph your audio

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

heard this done once, decided to up it..

'rotates' audio in 2d plane, ie. circular path, left to right and front to back.. adds reverb towards back of chamber for 'audio at the back of the room' sound..

effect is like watching one of those unicycle jetsons robots spinning in giant circles in room, except it's your drum loop or whatever.. big slow circles are very dramatic.

my 'up' is to.. since you can change the panning width and depth for elliptical paths, to transform the angle of the path, or even rotate it.. so your elliptical path rotates like spirograph.. tho my tests indicate that this sounds less organised than it looks... the sound does have a smooth modulation that ought to kick ass for ie. a 'floaty rhodes' ep or organ sound or whatever.

k i am killing your webspace!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             30-Nov-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: spinner 2 - spirograph your audio

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

no mate - keep em coming - it's your's is it?

Message 3/3             30-Nov-03  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: spinner 2 - spirograph your audio

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yap, mine, but the original concept heard on some minimalist electronic cd called 'project..'

might add an 'initial phase' for the rotation position since in my host the rotation position lfo goes continuously but when bouncing audio it always starts in the same place, which pisses me off, but what i'm saying is..

this plug rates highly by my standards.. if you're looking for a 'centerpiece' stereo effect (..give it a whirl.. :p)

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)