aaa qcussion - entirely too fun - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: qcussion - entirely too fun

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             05-Dec-03  @  10:02 PM   -   qcussion - entirely too fun

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

algorithmic percussion synth. the gui is kinda scrunchy but makes sense once you get it. really, funnerer than i expected.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             06-Dec-03  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: qcussion - entirely too fun

xoxos

File?:  No file

before i did this, i thought i'd run off a sampler version as well as a synth for percussion. since then i've decided i really like the synth engine.. but i guess some people still want a sampler.

might not be a bad idea.. probably get a bunch of algorithmic virgins to do so. but sampling isn't my thing.. when it is, it usually involves loop points, and when it involves loop points, it don't involve virgins because my loop point scheme is somewhat convoluted.

any samplists out there have any features you'd like to see on such a thing? mods that change, either per-note, alternate between 2 values per note, or change every 2/4/8 measures.. thinking like pitch, amp decay.. bit depth?? :P

Message 3/6             06-Dec-03  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: qcussion - entirely too fun

milan

bit heavy to get my head around it at the moment... but uhh... interesting ideas in these two synths, no doubt.

you know... it might be interesting to just have the seq./mod engine out of them and to be able to use it on other synths/samplers? just an idea, tho i dont have a clue how you'd implement that in all s/w enviroment...

Message 4/6             07-Dec-03  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: qcussion - entirely too fun

xoxos

simple - you go to se users group, grab my files and customise them   next day or two i'm going to u/l a package of alg component-blocks with a how-to for those who get headaches picking (their own) patches apart..

or.. if you stop using stupid logic (...) you can use a free host that allows you to connect modular audio/midi paths, then you just make midi generator plugs et al..

..i know what it looks like, but (apart from the stupid keyboard on the synth v.) these puppies are simple and versatile to use..

..ie. save a patch, reopen it in another isntance, and change say the pitch seed so you get the same gating and modulations, but in a 2nd pitch.. or same pitch and different gating..

..lay out a quick drum part: make each 'sequence' a convenient 4 bars or whatever and a bit longer.. that way you can connect them end to end w/o the gate letting up.. use 'part' randomisation set to clock (for constant mod from the beginning, not from a key down event)..

..then you can string the main pattern on one track, save patch/open other instance with a different gate and drag those block around for fills.. or a 2nd pattern if you don't like the 'part' selecting process :p

a sample-loading v. will be coming, but after discussing features (me and samples..) it's going to wait for dh to update his sample modules.. then there'll be randomised loop points and all.. which will probably still look 'too much..'

Message 5/6             07-Dec-03  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: qcussion - entirely too fun

milan

:P

i aint stopping using 'stupid' logic, nor do i plan to start doing IDM anytime soon. but i can see how this is a dream come true for the more adventurous peeps out there. brian eno would be proud of you ;)

Message 6/6             08-Dec-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: qcussion - entirely too fun

xoxos

i know 5 does the sidechain bit, but you might be interested in tobybear's new plug- mixmap or something.. 4 modular audio reroutes..

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)