aaa Logic for sound scoring? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic for sound scoring?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             07-Dec-03  @  10:28 PM     Edit: 07-Dec-03  |  10:28 PM   -   Logic for movie scoring?

JJ Freqy

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've looked at Final Cut Pro and users tell me that for what I want to do, I'm probably going to want Logic. I want to get the movie, drop on one track where I can write the music frame by frame and then write music on multiple audio tracks and have multiple MIDI tracks too. I want to compose music to the movie.

I want to have a video window also so I can watch the movie in real time. I want to be able to mix the whole thing down when I'm done so the movie will have my soundtrack over it. Does this sound like Logic will be the *best* or should I look at something else... oh I'll have a G5 MAC. Thanks for your help!

J

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             07-Dec-03  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

beds

Link?:  Link

i've done this on logic 5 pc. and it's much better with 6 on mac, so yeah it'll work.

Message 3/10             07-Dec-03  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

milan

logic... or nuendo. tho i've heard nuendo has a few annoying niggles like not being able to set the start point fot the timecote, ie it always starts at the beginig of the song, regardless of where your video and music start. (logic doesnt have that problem btw, very easy to sort)

Message 4/10             08-Dec-03  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

jjfreqy

Link?:  No link

awesome, thank you for the info! this helps me out a lot in making my decision on what software to get. Thanks again

j

Message 5/10             08-Dec-03  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

milan

cool. btw: timecote=>timecode, sorry.

Message 6/10             08-Dec-03  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

k

did any of you have issues importing the audio track in Logic for the video?

Message 7/10             08-Dec-03  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

beds

yeah it doesn't work. i awlays have to rip the audio off in premier or whatever and import it in to logic.

Message 8/10             08-Dec-03  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

JJ Freqy

Is this problem present in Logic 6? Does Logic take different video formats to be imported into it or does it have to be a specific format? Thanks again!

J

Message 9/10             09-Dec-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

k

not sure about that frankly cos I always work with .avi files - But I too found the audio NEVER will import on the latest PC versions.

Like mentioned above, you can import the audio seperately, but it's a bit of an annoyance. However, realisticaly, we tend to only sync up after compaosition to 'fit' stuff after creating it while working with a broader time/length - Like, "this passage needs to be 25 seconds".... so you create it, then show the video sync and tweak it to fit better, or for adding specific incidental music or fx sounds/moves

But if for example you wanted to compose an intro passage which say, featured a boom which happened like a slow pulse, and each 'boom' had to fit a fade on the video, you can do stuff like that no worries, get your timing points, then fill in the details etc.

Logic works ok for all this stuff basicaly is the bottom line. But has a few glitches - Another glitch I find is the video window forgets which size view you want it in, or disappears and has to be re-opened.

Message 10/10             09-Dec-03  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: Logic for sound scoring?

beds

yeah video never really worked as it should on the pc versions, but it was fine with quicktime on macs even before 6.0

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)