aaa fruity ia a toy - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: fruity ia a toy

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Dec-03  @  11:30 AM   -   fruity ia a toy

beds

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

you hear this all the time, but i like fruity. used it once with a few kids to make some trance, they loved it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Dec-03  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: fruity ia a toy

k

Link?:  Link

Sox is the Fruity boy round here I think, he took me thru the latest fruity pro the other day - damn!... it's bloody amazing how far it's progressed. The audio tracks are rather clever... He can explain better what it does.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             13-Dec-03  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: fruity ia a toy

milan

Link?: Link

i was dj-ing last nite and the kid who brought the decks also brought his PC with him and used Fruity as a realtime FX processor in the fx loop with the dj mixer. had no idea you could do that, pretty cool. bo!

Message 4/6             17-Dec-03  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: fruity ia a toy

sox

Link?: Link

Damn....
How come I only just noticed this forum! (on second thought...don't answer that )

About bloody time...we (the users of the Fruit) have been asking for this for ages! Brilliant - our own forum!

Fruity Rocks....I imagine it won't be long before it surpasses VST and Logic for power and ability. It's always been rock solid as a platform for music and they actually listen to their user base. Many times over the last few years have I seen suggestions on their user forum be implemented within months (sometime weeks!) into the program. Now that it can record audio, it's taken it to a whole new level.
I think people only regard it as a toy/joke is because it's so damn user friendly! The learning curve is so low even 10 year olds can jump it. And that pisses off the "technologists" who spent 2 years getting their head around the environment in Logic.... And....they don't do a Mac version (and never will). I can't tell you how many students I've had with Macs who went out and bought a cheap PC specifically to run the Fruit. Now that is saying something.

The only thing lacking is the ability to edit audio and still use ASIO2 drivers...and to get the bloody pan controls in the step editing window to lock in with the pan controls of the mixer...

But still...the Fruit can blow most sequencers out of the water.

sox

Message 5/6             17-Dec-03  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: fruity ia a toy

Ragnarok

Link?:  No link

Hmmm, anybody out there using those buzz machines? Any experiences?

Message 6/6             01-Jan-04  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: fruity ia a toy

bl_nd

Link?:  No link

sytrus will be the shiz!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)