aaa Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             29-Dec-03  @  11:43 AM   -   Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just got a new MSI CDW drive and Wavelab doesn't see it. When I go to write a CD, it just shows 'no selection' in the list of available devices. Anyone know of anything I can do to sort this out?

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             29-Dec-03  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Marc_D

Running latest version of W/L? If you've still got problems there's the VOB driver configuration app that comes with it allowing you to force it to use generic MMC drivers for CDWriter usage

Message 3/17             29-Dec-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the reply. I am running 4.01b, which is the latest as far as I am aware. I've looked at the VOB Drvreg thingy and am a little confused as to how it works. Obviously, I can't find my CDRW drive in the list, neither can I find anything that would be a close match. Should I be able to find a generic driver that would work? If so, what am I loking for?

Steve.

Message 4/17             29-Dec-03  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Influx

Link?: Link

is the whole ASPI layer thing an issue?

I once copied a certain file from NERO over to the wavelab folder, and my drive showed up immediately

Message 5/17             29-Dec-03  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Well Wavelab comes with an ASAPI update, which I ran when I first installed it and also when I reinstalled it yesterday to see if it would make a difference. It didn't get the drive recognised, but maybe this is different from what you're speaking about Influx. Any chance you could find out which file it was that you copied, as my Nero has had no problems recognising the drive?

Steve.

Message 6/17             29-Dec-03  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

k

Link?:  Link

the dreaded 'wavelab can't see the drive' routine.

sometimes it can be because wavelab likes to see the drive as a master device on the IDE bus

did you try making it IDE Master or is it already?

second, after the asapi update didn't work you can try alternative drivers... steinberg's page for this is notoriously unreliable (usualy the supported drive page is missing on their site)

Do a name-Search in dancetech FILES section for 'wavelab'

you'll find the driver list & driver files there - grab them and run the latest one and choose your drive - IF your drive isnt listed, try one of the ones CLOSE to your drive model.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/17             29-Dec-03  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers K. I have already given all of the wavelab CDR driver and ASAPI updates a go, but to no avail. The steinborg site isn't letting me download the latest updates and there is no close match to my drive in any of the existing driver lists. There isn't even a driver available for any MSI drives released in the last two years. I have also just tried the Adaptec ASPI layer update and that didn't work. This really is a load of bollocks! Am I just gonna have to wait until steinborg get around to releasing the relevant drivers for the MSI CD Writers?

Steve.

Message 8/17             29-Dec-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Aha! Found the solution! Well I haven't tested it yet, but the drive shows up at least. I'll give the writer a test tomorrow, but am off to bed now.

BTW, it was a freakin' registry entry that needed to be updated.

Cheers for the help people.

Regards.

STephen.

Message 9/17             30-Dec-03  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Influx

ok cool saves me the trouble of goin and lookin, but...Ill do so if/when you need it

I actually posted a thread about it at the steinberg.net site a year ago, and gota quick response from a tech...all worked perfectly

Message 10/17             30-Dec-03  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Influx

ok..anyway...

if you need to, copy the wnaspi32.dll file from NERO to the WAVELAB folder

thats what I did. worked a charm

Message 11/17             30-Dec-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Steve, the registry thing was most likely linked to the VOB driver update app. that comes with W/L. Not all drivers listed but there is definitely a generic MMC one listed that you can use for mostly everything (upto 8x supported I think)

Anyways, hope its workin' for you!

Marc_D

Message 12/17             30-Dec-03  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers. It is the MMC driver that has got my CD Drive working. Thing is though, it only allows me to record at 1x or 52x, so it may as well still be broken. There aren't many types of cheap CDRs that burn above 48x.

Oh well.

Steve.

Message 13/17             30-Dec-03  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Ah ha.. thought it might be...

As for the CDwriting speed issue... funnily enough, wavelab don't arf 'ave some quirks! I got these black lacquered CDRs and in ALL other programmes 'cept Wavelab I can write to these at *any* speed I like! With Wavelab however, no writing speeds are available in the dropdown list and the thing insists on burning onto those black disks at max speed!!!! There doesn't seem to be any problems with the burns but go figure...

..took me ages to work out W/L had a problem with the media and that it wasn't my drive...

Anyways, you might find some joy going HERE for your cheap 52x blank CDRs (though I'm certain 48x tested ones work just fine..) - never had a problem with this firm and the discs are generally of a tip top standard!!

Message 14/17             30-Dec-03  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Steve Roughley

Cheers for the link Marc. Just ordered 75 of those TDK 52x CDRs. Only cost £30 and they come with Jewel Cases. Spot On!

Steve.

Message 15/17             30-Dec-03  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

dARKSTATe

Now with anyluck, they'll show up on time and I won't look like a prize pilchard for suggesting a dodgy firm!!

In all seriousness though, the "unbranded" ones have worked just fine for pretty much every application you can think of so the TDKs should be schweet!

Happy new year mate!

Message 16/17             30-Dec-03  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

k

it really is about time Steinberg sorted out that whole section - it's been fragmented for years or the pages are 'Not found' and never seems to get properly sorted out as the years drag by regardless of website updates.

Message 17/17             30-Dec-03  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Wavelab doesn't see new CD drive...

Influx

steve did you try the file copy?

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)