aaa fruity/protools - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: fruity/protools

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             14-Jan-04  @  12:19 AM   -   fruity/protools

onemind

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just wondering if anyone knows how to monitor and record fruityloops via a protools HD system...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             14-Jan-04  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

craig

Link?: Link

Why would you want to do such a thing? What are you trying to accomplish in the end?

-Craig

Message 3/10             14-Jan-04  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

craig

I'm not trying to be a dick either. I really am interested in what you want the end result to be so I can suggest an alternate course of action. I'm not a fruity user but I thought I remembered reading that it can't sync to an external clock... So you'll need some kind of alternative.

-Craig

Message 4/10             15-Jan-04  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

onemind

heres a discription of the two systems that will be used...

The first one is an at home PC running fruityloops and a stock soundcard.
The second one is at my friends collage which I'm stoked about. It is a Protools HD system with a Mix24 console. They have high-end lexicon verbs and Avolon compression and eq.

The situation; I have a part written in fruityloops using the supewave 8 vsti . The part is an evolving pad type sound with "on the fly" parameter ajustments that I would like to make while monitoring with the ext. proccessing. As for the midi sequence; it simply consists of a 16 measure chord progression. I was thinking I could re-write the midi in protools, and bring an external hard drive with the superwave 8 and the patch and connect it to the computer with protools. Then in protools, access the vsti and patch, send the audio to the external gear and back to record. Would this work?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Message 5/10             16-Jan-04  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: fruity/protools

BluStudio

On a Mac yeah? APPARENTLY theres going to be a VSTi proper wrapper/integrater released in the next coupla months for use in PT. Its gonna turn the sequencer market upside down i reckon, cos thats alot of the reason peeps avoid it innit-

theres one kicking about just now, but its not fully fuinctional i dont think, can be hit or miss per plug, could be worth having a try at tho? is that super8 thing even available on Mac?

also, couldnt you just connect the midi out from PT to the midi in on your pc soundcard and use the pc as a synth. i.e open its host (fruity) and have the vsti channel set to recieve externally? I do this with orionPro and various vstis from time to time albeit only with a G4/001 and pc but prinmciples the same surely?

blu

Message 6/10             16-Jan-04  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

craig

That'd be my suggestion. Bring your PC in and MIDI it up to the protools rig. Copy the MIDI you use to trigger your VSTi into protools and sequence the VSTi from protools. If you can't do this with Fruity as a host, do a 'net search. I'm sure there are freebies or trial versions of hosts that will let you do this.

-Craig

Message 7/10             16-Jan-04  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

Yonce N Mild

I might be missing the whole point here I've never used fruity but why not just record the part in fruity Thats how i got stuff between logic and orion before I had sonar. I would just export to wav. If I'm understanding it correctly you have a cool sequence you came up with in fruity using a vsti. so why not record it in fruity(export to wav.) burn it to a cd and pop it in the protools setup. ????

Message 8/10             16-Jan-04  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

craig

Assuming the clocks on the two systems are close enough for you  

You could at least try Yonce's way before lugging your rig in I guess. Can't hurt

-Craig

Message 9/10             20-Jan-04  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: fruity/protools

onemind

I think I'm going to bring my friends computor in the studio and use it like a synth... It has 24 bit/192k output. Thanks for the suggestions

Message 10/10             03-Feb-04  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: fruity/protools

Pongoid

personally, I don't see why you don't just render it as a .wav once you are comfortable with the line, and then just burn it to CD. It is really what fruity was designed for. No mess, no moving your computer, no sync issues, nothing. Write it, burn it, and let it be what it is, then move on to your next piece.

Ape

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)