aaa Moving project between computers - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Moving project between computers

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             20-Jan-04  @  10:33 PM   -   Moving project between computers

Centurion

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Is there any function in PC Logic 5 that allowes you to copy EVERY file associated with an LSO. project (every audio file, FX setting etc) to a specific folder, thus creating a complete & independant backup of the song? I want to burn a non-finished project to CD and be able to open it on another computer (which has the same plugins and VSTi's installed).

..Or do I have to copy files manually? A tedious task I might add, but thanks for any answers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Jan-04  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Moving project between computers

milan

ahemmmm...... not completely, unless you are using a logic6 on a mac.

in logic 4 & 5, all your settings and midi files should be included in the song, and you can copy the audio files by first deleting all unused regions from the song, and then choosing "sellect all" and "copy files to folder" tho i dont remember if i ever did that on my pc... but i'm sure i did it on a mac. mebbe you can find the option somewhere? good luck...

of course... that sucks if you are using a lot of programs from the EXS sampler... then you'd have to find our which programs and samples you need to copy manually, which is a pain in the ass.

Logic 6 sure has some things going for it eh?  

bloody apple bastards :P

Message 3/5             22-Jan-04  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Moving project between computers

k

Link?:  No link

surely v5 has a 'clean-up' for un-used audio regions, and export function?

Message 4/5             22-Jan-04  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: Moving project between computers

milan

yes... in the way i described. but i think logic6 has a complete backup/export function which will pack *all* data used, not just audio files.

Message 5/5             22-Jan-04  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Moving project between computers

Centurion

Thanks Milan. The problem, as I suspected, are the numerous EXS samples I use. I guess I could live with copying those files manually though, I havent exactly made thousands of songs... yet.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)