aaa Error message - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Error message

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             03-Feb-04  @  03:20 PM   -   Error message

Han

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hiya,

I have just installed Logic 5.1 onto my PC. Everytime I try to insert some audio which is saved on to my PC, I get the following message:

'DAMAGED SONGS OR NOT A LOGIC PLATINUMS SONG! SEARCH FOR FRAGMENTS?? DAMAGED SONGS MIGHT CREATE PROBLEMS AND CRASHES'
Then is you select 'SEARCH' it then comes up with:

'READ ERROR, THIS IS NOT A LOGIC PLATINUM 5 SONG!

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening please can you email me at han_24@hotmail.com

Thanks alot,

Han

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             08-Feb-04  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Error message

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

rare one - mebbe the inserted audio has been moved from where it previously resided (if some part of that audio is already in use in the song?) - however, the only referrences to this error in soniks logic forums is for a guy's song which has NO audio in it (only audio instruments)... and that's the supposed 'main' logic forum on the www

I'm wondering if it's something to do with different cluster sizes used on the old and new drives (for song components) - perhaps the audio you want to import is corrupted or a wrong format ?

i cant see why it's doing that when trying to import audio, it's a rare enuff error as it is - another version of this error is caused by HP printers being attached, but the error message is slightly different

Have you tried to IMPORT the song instead of OPEN ??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)