aaa Studiomaster_16-8 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Studiomaster_16-8

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             08-Feb-04  @  04:06 PM   -   Studiomaster_16-8      [Link: Studiomaster - 16-8]

claude

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just bought a Studiomaster 16-8 and am using it
for live stage monitor mixes. I am trying to learn
about this mixer and cannot find a user manual. Even if someone had good knowledge of this mixer
and could explain to me, that would help me a lot.
I can be reached at claude@leroysound.ca

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             08-Feb-04  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Studiomaster_16-8

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

What do you want to know... be more specific...

G

Message 3/3             09-Feb-04  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Studiomaster_16-8

k

Link?:  Link

yeah - what - I've got the 16-8-16 - it's a very straighforward desk as are all the older ones due to layout being more spacious so there's less multi-function switching.

to be really honest, using a cd player plugged IN to a couple of inputs, and then changing the output cables around between various OUTputs on the board to your amp, you should be able to work it all out easily given time.

for live mixing the main thing is to sum ALL your drum INput channels to a stereo bus so that you can easily adjust the WHOLE drum mix by quickly adjusting the pair of bus faders you have routed the drum mix to.

same goes for things like brass sections or B.Vocals (where there is two or 3 BV mic's)

get things mixed down to bus/subgroup pairs so that the whole mix can be balanced more easily.

Use the AUX sends to setup your basic foldback mix - if you've got a typical couple of foldback rings then use two PRE-fade aux's - one for each ring

you could use a spare buss also for that, but any adjustments you make to the channel faders will translate to identical changes in the levels of the monitor mix.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)