aaa Evolution UC-33e and Logic - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Evolution UC-33e and Logic

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             11-Feb-04  @  03:46 PM   -   Evolution UC-33e and Logic

digitalia

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey, folks... anyone out there using the Evolution UC-33e with Logic 6
sucessfully? I'm thinking of getting one and i hope it will control the mixer
environment nicely.

any comments on that?

cheers,
-=d=-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Feb-04  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Evolution UC-33e and Logic

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i got a UC-33 and Logic 5, although i bought it primarily to control synths (h/w and s/w). there are some presets for mixing in logic, and you can easily roll your own too since the box is simple to use and logic's CC protocol is simple enough.

its like this... you can control volume, pan and 2 sends for 8 channels, OR volume, pan, and i dunno how many sends for one channel, plus 4 bands of parametric eq (but thats logic's old channel eq from v4/5).

the problem you're gonna have is that since faders/knobs are not motorised they'll be in the wrong position whenever you move to a new mixer channel, so i guess thats not really a perfect unit for dynamics/w mixing, especially if you have more than 8 channels going (which you no doubt will).

other than that its a nice unit. extremely easy to set up, works well, etc...

just listened to your track Revolutions btw... techno with industrial vocals...not really my cup of tea but it sounds well produced for sure, good arrangement too.

regards, m.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)