aaa midi-audio problem - keyboard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: midi-audio problem - keyboard

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             03-Apr-04  @  09:35 AM   -   midi-audio problem - keyboard

Guy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have Win XP with CUBASE vst 5.1. I haveinstalled all and wanted to play from my key board into the computer - which workls - then back to my sound module (Roland JV-1010) the midi seem to get back - but NO SOUND COME OUT!!! More than that -if i reccord a track on cubase - i will not hear what I did - but it will reccord - and then I WILL HEAR THE RESULT FROM THE MODULE. This is crazy - and i have not succeeded to find the problem! Any help on WHY i can not hear myself playing - if my module is showing midi signal in..... also the cubase midi out show OK.... Only when reccording i can hear the playback but not when reccording.
I have tried to connect my key board directely (not trough computer) and then themodule woprked fine - so I guess it is one of those configurations at Cubase that I need to change just can not find or think what it is....
Will appreaciate any advise!
\Thanks
Guy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Apr-04  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: midi-audio problem - keyboard

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

so what you're saying is:

you select a midi track, play keyboard, the VST midi lights are flashing. But you cannot hear the module

you hit record, record the midi data from the keyboard, then rewind, hit PLAY.... and you DO hear the module

??

sounds like you have NOTES filtered OFF for MIDI THRU in preferences

??

I aint used VST for a long time - only other things I can remember is to open SETUP MME from start/programmes/vst

and check your MIDI ports are stacked correctly and/or non-required listed midi ports are switched off - make sure your main I/O midi port that you use is at the top of the list

any people here still use VST?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)