aaa projects - Site bugs & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Site bugs & feedback

Subject: projects

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             25-Sep-04  @  06:41 PM     Edit: 14-Jan-06  |  06:05 AM   -   projects

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

so i uploaded a track in the private projects section (16 bars of bass, full .wav) and it was rejected by the system for being over 5mb. i thought the transitional nature of the facility would bypass any limitation ? are we forced to work with snippets? how can i share tweakage then ?

*puzzled*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             26-Sep-04  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: projects

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

use mp3 files and reconvert em.... I could up the filesize i spose, the idea was for co-working ideas, but it was built back in the modem days... if i was working on a project to create a track, and mp3 of a bassline etc would do fine to use for then creating my part...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             27-Sep-04  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: projects

nutoniom

ah! didn't know you could reconvert to .wav. will i lose quality in the process ?

Message 4/9             28-Sep-04  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: projects

k

well, slightly, but for co-op working of ideas it's ok, but once you've got the whole thing decided you then use full-bandwidth wav.

kinda like editing video in lo/medium-fi to create your EDL's.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             28-Sep-04  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: projects

nutoniom

ok, makes sense

thanks for the clarification

Message 6/9             29-Sep-04  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: projects

k

i guess.... i mean if i was co-writing with someone i'd want the audio parts or midi parts, but mp3's would be ok cos all i need is a reasonable audio part, doesn't have to be super-hi-fi

once it's all fixed, you can send the stuff via CD i spose - thing is, if we upped the filesize to big size, the server'd prolly get dashed - and i personaly wouldnt want to sit about uploading 50mb files of a vocal myself

Message 7/9             29-Sep-04  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: projects

nutoniom

well, the true reason is errr my burner has never functionned properly, it did for a few months and then nothing. this is the main reason why i'm always nagging people to sell me a cd or have to ask you guys "does it sound good". a lot of people i know who have a burner have shit loads of music cd-r dowloaded.
i still buy them. take care of me, i seem to be one of the last.

Message 8/9             30-Sep-04  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: projects

SignalRunners - BLU

Can always stick on msn overnight with your music partner for the big stuff mate (if you have broadband) when it gets to the .wav stuff at the end

blu

Message 9/9             30-Sep-04  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: projects

nutoniom

(if you have broadband)

a bit overshoot for my limited use of the net. i'll have to get this burner to work
or get another one.

thanks for the suggestion anyway, maybe when i'm more loose financially (i use the store connection: cost = 0$ , broadband = 40 canadian pesos/month)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)