aaa My 1st Tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: My 1st Tracks

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             06-Nov-04  @  02:41 AM   -   My 1st Tracks

Ez-G

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My new tracks please check them out. If you like them vote and maybe contact me. If you hate them contact me and tell me why.

http://www.7161.com/~Ez-G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             06-Nov-04  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

k

Link?:  Link

that 'trick of the light' sounds very John Carpenter, with a break beat... is the beat from a CD or did you play it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             06-Nov-04  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

Ez-G

hi k and thanks for posting my first comment...

john carpenter as in the horror movie director?
the breakbeat is a basic loop from sampletank which i rearranged a little, added some fx and some percussion.

G

Message 4/8             06-Nov-04  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, him..... he did the music for all his films (well all the ones that i know of anyways) y'know?... he's got that characteristic analog evolving pads thing going on & cool arps etc.. i really like the way it makes his films dark and atmospheric.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             06-Nov-04  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

Ez-G

yes i know of him, i havent seen many of his films tho., did you listen to the other tracks...i have some patially written tracks if interested.

G

Message 6/8             18-Nov-04  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

ah yeah, John Carpenter's music rocks. The soundtrack to Escape From New York is fucking brilliant. I think he used to work with a guy called Alan Hayworth on the music as well. And of course the classic Halloween music. I love the sound of his stuff.

Just listening to trick of the light now, and its great, its got some tangerine dream in there too, which is also a good thing. Its got a real nice sound.

One thing I would say, is maybe the break beat doesnt really fit the track. Some sort of trip hop darker loop would of been better. But man, its still a great track, I really like it.

Message 7/8             18-Nov-04  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

heh heh, nice sample from Bladerunner on Only The Good Things. I dont think anyones ever used that before. Its cool when you can pick out a sample from something that no one else has ever thought of before. Its a good track. The sub bass is used just at the right amount. Top track.

Message 8/8             19-Nov-04  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: My 1st Tracks

Ez-G

Jock Munro

thansk m8 for the comments, very refreshing, makes me want to write somemore. trick of the light was a little rushed (i had to reformat). the drum beat was origianlly the beat i used for timing..i go so used to hearing it i just couldnt get used to the track with a different beat...but yes trip hop was where i was originally going with the track..it just ended up in a differnet direction.. i'm glad you liked the bladerunner sample...when i heard it, i thought that will fit nice into a rolling dnb track...once again thanks for the comments....

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)