aaa Whats an older Yamaha GSX 220 worth - Guitars & amps forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: Whats an older Yamaha GSX 220 worth

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             08-Dec-04  @  12:01 AM   -   Guitar      [Link: Roland - JUPITER 6]

street_racing88

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
I was wondering my friend has an older Yamaha GSX 220 for sale, with a FENDER 250 watt amplifier with 4 outputs and I was wondering what the set would be worth, the guitar is white and in excelent shape, and the amplifier is good , but the box is a little itty bit rough, what would the set be worth Canadain???????

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             08-Dec-04  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Whats an older Yamaha GSX 220 worth

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i think whatever it's worth based on it's original price and replacement similar model today, it'll be worth overally less because of the rather 90's shape which isnt really 'in' right now

as for the amp, a fender 250 means nothing, it might be a vintage amp and worth alot, or it might be some crap - check your local marketplace and find prices, Canadien currency is worthless innit? - so it'll prolly be 2 zillion Canadien Pesos   - only joking

I personaly wouldnt buy a guitar cos it was cheap or convenient, get something you'll play - those Yamaha's are well built, and yes they were offering good stuff on the unit for the money compared to other brands... AT THE TIME that is... my mate had one, they do everything fine, they are playable if setup properly like with any guitar, but really they have absolutely no personality or character... that's the problem - it's like a poor mans Ibanez RG and even those old RG's suffer also from looking dated unless you play in a hardcore or metal band that is, in which case 'RAT' it up and it'll do fine... take a sander to it and some paint and a file or two and you could grunge it up visualy i spose.

I personaly dont like 'em but the hardware etc you get is all decent quality for sure

cant comment on the amp cos there's no model given - depends what music you make which you also dont state

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot