aaa audio/midi/pop/dance - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: audio/midi/pop/dance

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Jan-06  @  03:35 PM   -   audio/midi/pop/dance

juliequine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just getting into computer music. I would like to experiment with 'dancing up' and re-editing music tracks by adding drums etc. to an existing audio file. Does anybody have any tips/tuts or software recommends to enable me to do this. I have Mixmeister and use xp home. Any help greatly apreciated, and thanks in advance. John

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             12-Jan-06  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

Rags aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Helo there

I've checked this mixmeister, looks great as a starting point. At this stage there is not much to it, just extract drum loops from tunes where you like the beats and try to mix it together with an another song. That way you'll learn a lot, what works and whatnot, etc. also you learn to use the software (I guess there is a decent manual coming with the SW).

cheers,
Rags

Message 3/7             13-Jan-06  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

monkeybasket2001

acid, it has a unique time stretch algo meaning if you phrases are already loop ready (ie last multiples of 1,2,4,8 bars then acid will work out the tempo for you and adjust accordingly-

easily the most intuitive if you are just retouching old tracks...its like adboe premier- youpaint your tracks on along a timeline...great stuff!

greg

Message 4/7             13-Jan-06  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

k

Link?:  Link

well, what's the music like?.. can you post a link, or have you registered as an ARTIST user (then you can add up to 50mb of tracks on our site servers for streaming)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             13-Jan-06  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

Dominic

What about Ableton 5?

Message 6/7             21-Jan-06  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

juliequine

Thanks all. I looked at Ableton some time ago but was too lazy to look into something so different. It seems I was a bit hasty as it looks as if it will do what i want. Still think Mixmeister is the dogs whatsits for mixing together complete tracks. John

Message 7/7             21-Jan-06  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: audio/midi/pop/dance

k

Link?:  Link

hey, if it works for you stick with it!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)