aaa Yamaha_SPX90 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Yamaha_SPX90

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             21-Mar-06  @  07:07 AM   -   Yamaha_SPX90      [Link: Yamaha - SPX90]

SUNIBOI44

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

do i still can purchase the yamaha spx90 even though its discontinued. if ican would you tell me how much is the price.iam interested of this product.since i have a yamaha 01v96 mixing console. thanks sunny

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             21-Mar-06  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SPX90

milan

Link?: Link

man, get something newer! or check classified ads or ebay or something

Message 3/6             22-Mar-06  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Yamaha_SPX90

k

Link?:  Link

well he'll have alot of yammy's fx algorithms in the mixer wont he already? albeit 'updated' - the spx has a sound tho really but if he's got the dig mixer i cant see the point unless he's into some of the 'spx-ness'. I wouldnt underestimate the spx Milan man... a few of those in a rack can do some quite awesome things with all the midi control and bank/patch changing etc. that fx unit must feature on so many hits records. delay time is quite sgort tho (500ms is it?) it's not good for long delays for dub as far as i remember.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             22-Mar-06  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SPX90

milan

well, my old Promix had 2 spx90's inside (what the manual says?) and some mod/delay fx are pretty cool, but it looks to me like he thinks its the same fx as in the 01v96(?)

Message 5/6             22-Mar-06  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_SPX90

k

Link?:  Link

ah .. i see what you mean... yeah.. he might

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6             24-Mar-06  @  07:32 AM   -   RE: Yamaha_SPX90

psylichon

Almost EVERY studio has an SPX-90... even though it's been updated and repackaged and "all the presets" are available elsewhere and yada yada.... there's still some reason that box sits in almost every rack.

I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't snub it either.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)