aaa New Mixing Desk advice needed please - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: New Mixing Desk advice needed please

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             27-Sep-06  @  01:45 AM   -   New Mixing Desk advice needed please

nexplosion

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

im upgrading from my current mixer,a beringer sl2442fx pro basicaly cos its shit,hisses like a
snake and when faders are turned off i can stil hear music..so,can you help me out on a few
suggestions of suitable mixers if i list my equipment/input needs etc??

if so here goes..

akai mpc..8 individual outs plus the main volume stero pair
cs6x..main stero out and then 2 mono outs
tb303...1 out
juno..1 mono or stero pair
tr909...10outs but a can narrow to 6 outs

i also would like a desk i can hook upto my imac to use so i can recall my fader settings etc?..i
dont need it for any digital tracks

hope this makes sense,i would read up on these thingss but cant read very well,or type,so friend
wrote this

please help a dummy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             27-Sep-06  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: New Mixing Desk advice needed please

k

Link?:  Link

sounds not right that it's hissing... are all the fx turned off/down?... unless you spend alot more i cant see any big jump in quality you'll get bu going with a yammy MG or whatever... it doesnt sound right what you describe all the hissing etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             01-Oct-06  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: New Mixing Desk advice needed please

nutoniom

Link?: Link

I used to think my Phonic was crap too, but as K states, check all you returns ans stuff, kill any channel with no signal present.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)