aaa Mixer inputs - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mixer inputs

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             05-Feb-07  @  10:15 AM     Edit: 05-Feb-07  |  10:32 AM   -   Mixer inputs

wolfie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, a really basic question (I think) but i don't know the answer so any help would be appreciated.

I have a mixer which has 1 rca jack type input connector, however I wish to use a second stereo source (for example a pc). Can I simply use one of the 1/4 inch line inputs? I know you can get 3.5mm to 1/4 adaptors. If I did use the 1/4 line inputs would this be mono or stereo?

thanks for reading.

And yes, I realise I have posted this in the wrong section!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             06-Feb-07  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Mixer inputs

k

Link?:  Link

you havent described very well the scenario.... you say the mixer has ONE rca input ..???.. huh?... doesn't sound right unless it's a mono master send or return

can you explain it better and say what sort of mixer make/model it is

also what you're trying to do with the mixer makes a difference as to how you'd wire the pc to it, so info on that is required..... what do you intend to do with the setup of pc/mixer... like do you have any outboard items you're trying to incorporate into the pc-audio setup etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             07-Feb-07  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Mixer inputs

wolfie

Link?:  No link

thanks for replying, it's a pa mixer rather than a studio style mixer, it's a kustom kpm7250t if that means anything to you, previously i have used the mixer with a dvd player connected up to rca jacks, however i now need to connect a second source, which i intend to be a pc, i was gonna to connect the pc output to the rca and a dvd player to the 1/4 jack via an adaptor, it's not vital for the dvd output to be in stereo, I'm also gonna be using a couple of mikes, but i've done that before and don't have a problem with that. i know this isn't really appropriate to your forum but i can seem to find anywhere else i can ask the question so any help would be appreciated.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)