aaa BBE SOnic Maximiser - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: BBE SOnic Maximiser

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             06-Feb-07  @  08:02 PM   -   BBE SOnic Maximiser

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I came out of the cave today and found this. Is there any good reason for not using it on a completed mix? I mean it is obvious that it can be overdone but with moderate settings... sounds too good to be true...

(?!?)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Feb-07  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: BBE SOnic Maximiser

k

Link?:  Link

it's good, especialy for gigs/Live

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4             25-Feb-07  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: BBE SOnic Maximiser

psylichon

It is too good to be true.

Be extremely wary of things that mess with phase when treating an entire mix. Phase tricks are fine for individual tracks for flavor, but do it on the whole shebang and you might as well throw all your hopes for mix translation on other systems out the window. I've never been in a "pro" studio that has a BBE racked anywhere. The hi shelf boost on a mackie mixer is more pleasing to my ear, personally....

Use it live though! Great for that (if you can get it cheaper than a mackie mixer!) But put your mix through it and I will fold my arms and shake my head in your general direction.

Message 4/4             25-Feb-07  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: BBE SOnic Maximiser

Rags .aka. Welder

Yeah, phase is a bitch for sure... I try to use linear phase processing on my completed mixes when possible (not that it woul dbe easy to get liner phase compressors for example... :-/ )

Is there any way to figure out if some plugin has messed with the phase in a "wrong way" ie. the track will sound absolute shit on a different system...?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)