aaa Allen & Heath_System 8 - 16-8-2 - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Allen & Heath_System 8 - 16-8-2

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Apr-07  @  07:32 PM   -   Allen & Heath_System 8 - 16-8-2      [Link: Allen & Heath - System 8 - 16-8-2]

abelsna

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello

I´m in the market for an allan & heath system 8 24 channel, and i have seen one (mark I or II) at about 900 usd. Some of the pots did crack when turned, but surely i can lube them with wd-40 (or something else?). The talkback and headphone connection is not working.

Please, all the help and input you can give me would be nice!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Apr-07  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Allen & Heath_System 8 - 16-8-2

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

you cant use wd40 you loony!   ... anyways, it'd be hard to get switchcleaner spray like phospro into the pots cos it'd mean removing the channel boards I expect, on mine removing the back doesnt afford access to any point to insert a tiny spray tube.

anyways replacement pots or other parts might be the only answer and watch out also for pans that dont pan 100% cutoff on the opposite chanel (like if turned full left you still hear some in right etc)

you need to take a portable cd or ipod with an adpater and plug in to each channel and check all the functions: the channels, send and return bus's, monitor return bus's etc.... if pots crackle but stop when rotated alot this doesnt mean it's over and "Oh it was just a bit of dust from sitting there"

the crackle can come back next time u use it after just a day or 2 non-use, or they do it every time and you twist and twist and they stop, but come back next time u use it and it crackles again, also channels with a 'fault' like that (grindiing/crunching sound when adjusting) can sound ok once you tiddle them a bit, then you start recording and find it crackled during record and went on the blink.

it's a VERY laborious process to service one, even just to try and spray into all the pots & faders and polish it up, so knock it right down in price unless it really is all ok

and by 'ok' i mean all pots and faders are smooth & noiseless in movement - if it is all like that but with a couple of obvious isolated faulty bits, and if you're preapared to really work on it the studiomasters offer seriously sweet channels which are nigh on becoming a bit of a budget classic imo, there's certainly interest in them... if it has the 2 sweep mid eq's then shweet!... a proper budget old skool british channel and eq and tons of other features

also you might have to pay to get stuff diagnoed/fixed and it's 60 quid an hour roughly fior service charges, plus parts. You can get schematics ok tho but thats a tenner or 20 for those

damn, i so wish i knew electronics   I would love to totaly restore mine to 100% mint  

good luck with it did u check dealers prices on the web btw to get a price average?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)