aaa Control mixers opinions - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Control mixers opinions

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Jun-07  @  12:34 PM   -   Control mixers opinions

joegornall

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Anyone have experience with these making life easier? Such as the BCF 2000 or Mackie control? If so, how easy are they to map via cubase particularly?

I believe you can get just 8 channel ones. But say you want to control your sequencers mixer with it (which has 16 channels), how do you control the other 8 channels? Is it easy to flip and change what your controlling or would it be worth getting 2 dyu think? (I believe Mackie do an extension)

Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             07-Jun-07  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Control mixers opinions

k

Link?:  Link

you can add more yes, 1 works ok, so does 2, the only issue with cubase is that cubase (at least with sx anyways) didnt send bank data to the controller like Logic does, so if you scroll down the tracks on your arrange page and have 1 x BCF, then after track 8 has gone past the BCF 'loses' track visualy and you must use the BCF bank buttons to scroll forwards to find the selected channel (which will have it's LED lamp illuminated showing you which corresponding track is selected on the arrange page

apart from that slight glitch it works 100%

if you work the other way round, scrolling up/down the arrange-page track-headers using the BCF bank up/down buttons instead of your qwerty board arrow keys, then no probs, SX follows the BCF fine as it flips up/down the banks of 8 tracks/faders, page by page

the BCF has a cluster of 4 buttons on the top right (store, learn, edit, exit) which select between:

Fader/pan/mute/solo (default)
channel EQ (inc on/off)
Inserts (select plugin and tweak)
Sends (select destination, activate, pre/post, send-amount etc)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             07-Jun-07  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Control mixers opinions

k

btw, to add 2 x bcf, just add-in (as you say) another mackie control unit in the devices bit and off you go, all u have to do is setup the second unit with a different ID NUMBER (you do that in Edit Global mode when you boot it into the required Mackie Control 'mode')

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             07-Jun-07  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Control mixers opinions

joegornall

Link?:  No link

Cheers,

I think I might try one and see how it goes. Ive not really researched the Mackie Control mixers properly yet, but gather they have like an overlay that you stick on to it depending on which sequencer you use. One comment I read was "a bit blue peter" so Im not sure. Any thoughts? Not sure how much the Mackie costs but BCF seems OK at 150 quid ish.

Thanks for your help and your time

Message 5/5             16-Jun-07  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Control mixers opinions

k

bcf's are 90 quid now bruv

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)