aaa the problem i have with trance... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the problem i have with trance...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Sep-09  @  02:08 AM   -   the problem i have with trance...

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i've heard quite a bit of trance, various styles of trance. the trance that breaks into the market is
very well done, has very interesting sounds and motions. it's very well done dance music but it
always leaves me feeling like i've eaten a twizzler or cotton candy. when i listen to some of the
other genres i get the clear feeling that composer is making a statement, social or political or
offering some romantic experience that is more meaningful than is a repeated phrase of "i love
you baby". trance has a very polished sound and kudos for that but the meat is missing. it
seems to be written for the purpose of getting on the dance floor and that's it. I think what has
made music great throughout the ages is its ability to elevate us in the most ethereal and
intuitive way into a greater social conscience. after a few pints i can enjoy trance but i can't sit
sober at home listening to it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Sep-09  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

k

i'll upload something for you later m8

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             01-Sep-09  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

sitar

noooooooooooooooooo! lol

ok

Message 4/7             02-Sep-09  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

sitar

i'm listening to a trance track now that i think i downloaded from DT some time ago. I love this track.
It has some empty spots but the track is gorgeous and it works. It's called Satellite. The refrain lyrics
sung by a female with a beautiful voice are:

"you're half a world away
but in mind i whisper every single word you say
and before you sleep tonight
you cradle me, your lucky star, your singing satellite"

very touching. puts tears in my eyes every time i hear it

Message 5/7             03-Sep-09  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

sitar

The track I mentioned in my post above is by Broken Silence.

Another really sweet trance track and very well done that I downloaded from DT is "Recluse" by
SignalRunners. Forgot I had it. Just going through my old stuff.

Message 6/7             03-Sep-09  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

k

yeah w'appen to Broken? I cant find him by name. did he change it?

here's your mix

http://www.7161.com/css_track.cfm?track__dt_track_id=18415

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             04-Sep-09  @  05:49 AM   -   RE: the problem i have with trance...

sitar

Oh yeah this is an awesome track. You know k...when I came to dancetech I loved it. I loved the
people. I still do but I realized at some point that I was new to dance music and was trying to please
people here in order to get a pat on the back. That was my fault. There were genres supported by
people here that I couldn't get my head around but I tried. I should have had the courage to just do my
own thing altogether, but then again I was learning about a whole world of music I'd been ignorant of
because of the music I was into. As I listen to this track, sure it's 4 on the floor but there is so much
going on. I might have been better off with 4 on the floor stuff because my expression is more in the
other parts of the music. Maybe it would have sucked anyway lol. I just couldn't get the breakbeat or
DnB thing going. I learned a lot from those guys who could though. I might still give it another go at
some point. Marc_Darkstate, bless him, wanted me to. He's a character and a half. Love the guy and
his wife.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)