aaa blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mainstream tv - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mainstream tv

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             02-Sep-09  @  11:22 AM   -   blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mainstream tv

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yeah, in the uk last night, a very in depth film about capitalism - hope it is online, it was very deep for tv.

here it is:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-shock-doctrine/4od

dunno if it'll stream ok, some of the uk tv channels online 'catch-up' streaming ileaves alot to be desired - great doc tho!

authors site:

http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine

it's kinda like you're watching it and seeing the exact pattern of the uk falling apart over the last 30 years as banks and corporations took it over

anyways, there it is

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             03-Sep-09  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mai

sitar

I'll try to watch it tomorrow but I can only guess it's the pattern that's been causing the US to fall apart
over the last 30 years.

The US ranks 50th in the world in national longevity according to the CIA World Factbook and
according to the same source there are 44 countries with a lower infant mortality rate. Citizens in the
US pay more for healthcare than any other "advanced" nation in the world. Meanwhile the CEO of
United Healthcare made (I refuse to say 'earned') $124.8 million in 2005 not including received
stocks and other percs. Supposedly he is being paid $140,000.00 a day at this point. Obviously
capitalism isn't based on earnings equal productivity. Add to that the growing number of stories
coming out about people who get dropped from receiving healthcare insurance from UHC once they
become seriously ill. Anti healthcare reform politicians in the congress have on numerous occasions
quoted a healthcare research firm to back their arguments. The name of the firm is The Lewin Group
and the Lewin Group is a subsidiary of UHC. All of this is disgusting to anyone with even half a brain.

I worked for a major Wall Street firm. In fact I pointed the building out to Mark_Darkstate and his
friends as we went to a bar around the corner from the building several years ago. I saw all this shit
coming down but of course by contract I was not allowed to say anything and I couldn't be totally
sure that I was right anyway. It happened and I was right...unfortunately.

Message 3/4             03-Sep-09  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mainstream tv

k

yeah not sure how Obama's going to crack this nut, it's going to take a dismantling of the entire lobby system in some way or he's not got a chance in hell and will be seen as a loser who talked the talk only

the is something your average (not pro-active) americans are i think waking up to finaly - that their country was taken over long ago by corporations and there is no actual democracy at all

it's odd times - the new 'corporate communism' isnt working any more than state communism did in russia

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             03-Sep-09  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: blimey - web style anti-capitalist film on mai

sitar

"the new corporate communism" - good way of putting it.

btw did you upload that track?

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)