aaa The world is right again - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The world is right again

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             05-Nov-09  @  12:10 PM   -   The world is right again

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New York Yankees won the World Series. It's nice when things are once again as they should
be.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             06-Nov-09  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

Congratulations !

We used to feel like that whenever the Montreal Canadiens won the Stanley cup.

I wonder to which extent people in the US realise that The World Series actually relates to the
old New York news paper "The World" as opposed to the World Cup being about the world ?

Message 3/19             07-Nov-09  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

damballah

yankees

Message 4/19             07-Nov-09  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

oh man come on damballah. the yankees won. it's the phillies who couldn't score.

nutoniom, i don't know if that's true but i do know that americans tend to think we are the world so
anything we do includes the world. i'm glad Obama is president. he understands that everyone in the
world has a voice.

Message 5/19             07-Nov-09  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

little d come on' Iike the Yankees too :p

yeah sitar' I'm pretty happy with the change of shift but I can't help be worried to the extent of the
pressure he/they put on he/them self/selves. it's like a dichotomy all over again. like a back
swing.
There is no way he can shift an whole "culture" on a dime. too much expectations of results
were shifted upon him in a very short moment i think.

But, the World Series, I always thougt it was extremely funny. More like the Expos in 1984 or
something, Larrry Parrish and Gary Carter era and Andres Gallaragha or however that is spelled
re:

Ok, so it's no Cy Young... sue me or something re re  

like i know anything of bassballs re: you know the drill

Message 6/19             07-Nov-09  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

damballah

i could give a rat's ass about the phillies too, it's a shame both teams couldn't lose.

Message 7/19             07-Nov-09  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

Is this the point where I confess not having watch the game  

Message 8/19             07-Nov-09  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

damballah wrote:

i could give a rats ass about the phillies too, its a shame
both teams couldnt lose.

bum. who would you have wanted to win? the cubs? i have to admit i have a soft spot in my heart for
them because they are so bad but hey.

nutoniom, yeah Obama is trying to do something massive. i hope he can. there are a lot of people
kicking and screaming to pull his reigns back but there are more people hoping he can make the
shift.

Message 9/19             07-Nov-09  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

damballah

cubs fuck no. cardinals.

Message 10/19             07-Nov-09  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

Cards ?

Chauvinist !!!

:p

Message 11/19             08-Nov-09  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

damballah wrote:

cubs fuck no. cardinals.

Who? I thought they gave up on baseball 2 decades ago.

Message 12/19             11-Nov-09  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

damballah

Chauvinist !!!

well, that goes without saying. what's it got to do with baseball, though?

Message 13/19             12-Nov-09  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

I didn't say you were a MALE Chauvinist

2 : undue partiality or attachment to a group or place to which one belongs or has belonged

from Merriam Webster

Message 14/19             13-Nov-09  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

nutoniom wrote:

I didnt say you were a MALE Chauvinist src=images/grin.gif>

2 : undue partiality or attachment to a group or place to which
one belongs or has belonged

from Merriam Webster

It's ironic that Merriam sounds like a girl's name which would bring us back sideways to male
chauvinism.

Message 15/19             13-Nov-09  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

damballah

yeah, you can always count on somebody whipping out their dic-
tionary

Message 16/19             13-Nov-09  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: The world is right again

nutoniom

Oh, naughty

Message 17/19             14-Nov-09  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

my dic-tionary seems to define the world the way it wants to. and how many times i've followed it's
definition i can't tell you. /sigh

btw, did you ever look up the definition of a word on the internet? that's what i call surfing the web-
ster. HA! my world is nothing more than a pun waiting to happen.

Message 18/19             15-Nov-09  @  01:31 AM     Edit: 15-Nov-09  |  01:32 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

NastyM

Link?:  No link

The world is right again !!!
Five bottles of wine (3 red 2 white), best part of a bottle of Glenmorangie and several cigarettes ............shared with friends, all after a superbly prepared meal by yours truly .....prawns in a tomatoe based sauce (chillis incl.) on a bed of rocket, chicken cacciatore and tiramisu.
Abstenance sucks!

The wife hates me sober and absolutely abhors me pissed....however have filled in several gaps between 1984 & 1996 (courtesy of long held friends).....all in all a good night, with the exception of the kids being hyped to fuck ......Tiramisu contained rum and expresso, little fuckers bouncing all over the place!!!

Anyway who gives a shit about football, american, soccer or baseball, after all we all know the true sporting hero is Mr Armstrong (and hes a yank... never thought id confess to that one).

Take a leaf out of Kraftwerks book and get on your bikes Hutter & Co average 60k per day. (probably under estimated at that)

Message 19/19             15-Nov-09  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: The world is right again

sitar

Kraftwerk....Music non-stop. Techno pop. Still love that shit.

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)