aaa Joni Mitchell - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Joni Mitchell

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             07-Nov-09  @  05:02 AM     Edit: 07-Nov-09  |  05:16 AM   -   Joni Mitchell

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Joni Mitchell, the girl from Canada who did folk/rock in the 60s and 70s is amazing. She didn't do
anything electronic so maybe she doesn't belong here but music is music. I just listened to her
song "Both Sides, Now" What a beautiful voice, just her and her acoustic guitar but the meaning
of her lyrics span genres. She's an icon and many of her songs moved hearts. Hats off to her in
spite of the fact she never used autotune.

"Both Sides, Now" is like a beautiful lullabye. Her Canadian accent is lovely although I prefer the
Montreal accent. In my mind Joni is the Georgia O'Keefe of music.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             09-Nov-09  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

k

heh, you couldnt use autotune with that much vibrato that she always adds. i like coffee and conversation and ladies of the canyon meself but when she over-does that over-sustained vibrato at the end of phrases it makes your toes curl sometimes.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             12-Nov-09  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

sitar

"but when she over-does that over-sustained vibrato at the end of phrases it makes your toes curl
sometimes."

lol. i still would have done her in the day. i'm amazed that you know ladies of the canyon but then you
never seize to amaze me k......bum

Message 4/9             12-Nov-09  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

k

lol, yeah full of surprises eh  

how about the lyric on this:

i love that line "My mother would have lost her miiind!" classic

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             12-Nov-09  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

k

songs man ;)

Message 6/9             12-Nov-09  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

k

btw, if you like Joni Mitchell, do you know the first joan armatrading album which she did with Pam Nestor? awesome album!!! here's a few tracks (thats the wrong album cover image on the video btw)

Message 7/9             12-Nov-09  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

k

lol

Message 8/9             13-Nov-09  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

sitar

Holy crap. I'll have to watch all of these tomorrow. Have to run out and when I get home I'll have to
crash.

Message 9/9             25-Nov-09  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Joni Mitchell

Jock

I dont like Joni Mitchell. She slagged off someone that I like, cant remember who it was. Could of been something about electronic music, the haggered old hippy that she is.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)