aaa 2012 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: 2012

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             25-Nov-09  @  02:52 PM   -   2012

Jock

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I actually paid money to see this at the cinema last night.

It should of been called Independance Day After Tomorrow. Roland Emmerich should be BANNED from making films and simply employed in CGI departments instead as there is no denying is talents in creating amazing effects.

There are so many things lifted from independance day in this shitty film.

The same "plane manages to take off just in time" scene"

The same "stupid woman hangs back to wait for her dog to catch up and manages to save it just in time" scene.

The same "Whitehouse gets destroyed in a symbolistic manner" scene.

And of course the puke inducing ending "whoooo yeah, lets all suck eachothers cocks we're the best" scene.

It could of been a fucking awesome film. But Emmerich has to take it too far and therefore too unbelievable.

For example, an amazing scene where the currently dormant supervolcano at Yellowstone collapses in on itself, creating a caldera, and a huge explosion. Visually this was the most stunning scene in the whole movie. It sounded superb too. I dont think anyone can top that scene for a long time. It truly is a breathtaking scene.

But no, for Emmerich that isnt good enough. It has to be even more stunning... so he thinks "I know... lets put John Cusack in a camper van, and lets have him being chased by the pyroclastic cloud, and lets have him OUTRUN it !!!" fucksakes!!

Roland Emmerich is the equivelant of a musician who doesnt know when to fucking stop, who has no idea about leaving space in a track. He's also a cunt as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you. read more of my film reviews in the Sunday Times this weekend.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             25-Nov-09  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: 2012

sitar

Link?: Link

LOL!

I was going to see New Moon but didn't for the same reason I didn't see Twilight in a theater...thought
frightful thought of being the only guy in a theater full of teenage girls.

Message 3/10             25-Nov-09  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: 2012

k

yoooo wankah Jock!!... should have gone to see district9 instead.. or star trek.. both excellent (considering the era and both films' intended markets)

also... you didnt miss anything if you thought you should have gone to see 'Moon' either... it was rather dull (and i'm a huge sci-fi fan) .

dammit wheres charlie or silver droid when you need to vent a good slagging!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             26-Nov-09  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: 2012

sitar

My last girlfriend, a 24 year old in the Air Force, twisted my arm to read the Twilight books. There
were a lot of typos and some of the grammar was awkward but I have to admit they were very
romantic and touching.

As for 2012, there are a lot of people who believe the world is actually going to come to an end
because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. I've got worse news for those people. The calendar in my
kitchen ends in 36 days and I haven't received a new one from my bank or liquor store. I'm thinking
my bank and liquor store know something prophetic I don't know. So I'm going to watch as many
episodes of Gilligan's Island as I can until the 1st of January. Hopefully I'll get that show out of my
system and die in peace.

Message 5/10             26-Nov-09  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: 2012

NastyM

Link?:  No link

Twilight books ? how olds the girl ?

Message 6/10             26-Nov-09  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: 2012

sitar

The girl in Twilight is in high school. I actually really like girls like her and the way she looks in the
movie is the way I pictured her when I read the books. She's kind of clumsy, not your prom queen but
cute and more real.

Message 7/10             26-Nov-09  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: 2012

Jock Munro

LOL, I wonder whatever happened to Charlie !

I wanna see Harry Brown and Avatar next.

Still havent seen the new star trek film !! I will have to put it on my I Love Film list as its just been released on DVD.

Message 8/10             26-Nov-09  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: 2012

k

it's alright, they didnt fuck the casting, it pays serious homage to the original, they have retained the star-trek humour between the main players, fx are superb (although i questioned why if they can break light-speed they are still using parachutes for air drops - you'll see) which is the only glaringly crap sci-fi blunder but makes the script work i spose to add-in a vital action scene

young spock is superbly cast as is Bones, simon pegg is the weakest for me, with his slightly overly-dippy scotty portrayal.

all in all tho, compared to recent offerings it's not bad.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10             27-Nov-09  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: 2012

sitar

Speaking of casting Bella in the movie Twilight was exactly as I pictured her when I read the book.

Message 10/10             27-Nov-09  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: 2012

Jock Munro

Nice tits too.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)