aaa Long time no see. - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Long time no see.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             16-Jan-10  @  02:22 PM     Edit: 16-Jan-10  |  02:24 PM   -   Long time no see.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi guys, havent been on this site for a long time. Is K still the moderator? If so, hello

Didn't know which forum to post this in but maybe someone could give advise as technically its not music/dance related but more of a timecode question.

Basically we are going to be doing the sound splayback for a pop-promo, which involves playing back a bands pre-recorded track while they film the lip sync against a green screen. I am just wondering what the best way to sync the sound/camera together would be? My initial thoughts were to get an audio time code track at whichever frame rate the camera will be running at, send this into one channel of the camera (L) and then send the music down the second channel (R) giving the camera both feeds.

Do you guys think this would work?

Regards

Lloyd

P.S They will be using a digital Redcam

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             16-Jan-10  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: Long time no see.

sitar

Link?: Link

Hey! I don't have an answer for you about syncing but yes K is still the moderator. He usually checks
into this forum every day or two.

Message 3/4             22-Jan-10  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Long time no see.

Bedwyr

hello lloyd.

i know nothing about redcams and i assume you've got an answer and/or have already done the shoot.

but if not - depending on the style of the video, if it's got lots of short cuts and not too many steady close ups then the sync doesn't really matter because you won't really see any sync problems, obviously if it's all one long shot right in front of the singers mouth then you're going to be all over the shop by then end.

i've been in a few videos and all i can remember from a performer's viewpoint is that you hear a playback and stand/dad dance there like a lemon miming along.

if you're really stuck and have noone to ask, i can get in touch with people who would know how it's best done.

otherwise, you're on your own ;)

Message 4/4             22-Jan-10  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: Long time no see.

k

Hey Lloyd how's it goin?

i'd say it depends if you are shooting 'as-is' one-take, OR whether you are filiming alot of clips and compiling them into a final video. what i do is record a soundtrack on the cam and use that to line up the clips with the master audio track (where sync is required), but of course there will be (in a compiled-from-clips video) many parts added in which arent required to be in sync at all because they are passing-shots, perhaps showing the guitarist making a move etc.

so first what type of video is it? all-in-one-take? where the cam is pointed at the band and they just mime and it is captured as if one is watching a gig from a fixed or moving single cam? - or - edited from clips in the more typical style?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)