aaa Super Bowl tomorrow - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Super Bowl tomorrow

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             06-Feb-10  @  08:38 PM   -   Super Bowl tomorrow

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

the game will be played tomorrow night but coverage begins at about 1 in the afternoon. i'm
going to watch the "puppy bowl" at 3. a bunch of puppies play football on a small field lol. should
be cute to watch.

when's the next big soccer cup?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             07-Feb-10  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

k

er... world cup? this year 2010 in south africa - you guys qualified for it ffs (meaning the usa is in it) AND you're in our group - so usa plays england! (12th june! get the corn chips and beer in eh)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/standings/index.html

your main guy afaik is Landon Donovan who's on loan to Everton (a british club) from la galaxy, who i think scored his frst premier league goal last week, or 2 weeks ago

plus we have the FA cup, league cup etc for domestic competition. Plus european cup (UEFA Champions League)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             08-Feb-10  @  11:58 AM     Edit: 08-Feb-10  |  06:54 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

sitar

haha! we're in your group. you guys just wanted an easy win.

i guess there will be sports between nfl seasons this year. winter olympics which can be fun
to watch. world cup, FA cup, european cup.

baseball is boring. just look at the managers in the dugouts barely able to keep themselves
awake.

golf...the most interesting thing that's happened in golf....ever....is a company is selling golf
balls with pictures of the faces of women who had extramarital affairs with tiger woods printed
on them. one of those women is taking the company to court because she believes hitting a
ball that has a woman's face painted on it with a golf club promotes violence to women and i
see her point but i still have to admit i got a chuckle out of the whole thing. what she did to tiger
woods wife Elin could as well be considered violence to women, just not the physical kind. but
yeah she does have a point and every golf joke i've heard is about golfers hating their wives.
why would a woman marry a golfer in the first place?

tennis? give me a break. you pretty much have to be blue blood to even get your foot in the
door. so much for getting top athletes in that sport. just look at john mcenroe. grew up in a
wealthy neighborhood in queens, ny. lawrence taylor's serve would have knocked mcenroe
clear into the women's court at wimbleton had taylor played tennis.

basketball. could have been a good sport except if you friggin make contact it's a foul.

bowling? near where i live the slow speed road that winds around the mall runs past the
entrance to a bowling alley and right at the entrance is a speed bump so you have to slow
down even more. i understand that though. imagine the irony of spending a few hours bowling
then stepping outside and getting "pinned" under a car.

ice hockey. i wonder why mike tyson never got into that sport. those would have been fun
games to watch.

car racing. oh look! he's making a left turn! look! he's making another left turn! wow! he's
making another left turn! it's no wonder spectators watch with the hope of seeing a good
crash and burn.

kick boxing. now that would go well combined with european football..."extreme soccer"

figure skating. seriously. why do they call it "figure" skating? it's gotta be because those girls
have nice figures. i'm surprised feminists haven't gone all pitbull over that one. oh yeah. nice
looking women drives feminists crazy. i think this year i'll watch figure skating just to piss off
feminists.

and i haven't even had my coffee yet. espn should give me my own sports segment.

Message 4/10             08-Feb-10  @  09:20 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

k

well the usa actualy beat england in the world cup once... 1950

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             08-Feb-10  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

sitar

the usa had a soccer team in 1950? wow. i played soccer through high school because the guys in
my neighborhood who were a year ahead of me decided to try out for soccer instead of football and
persuaded me to do the same. my third year playing a guy from cuba who's family moved to our
town joined the team. we were all dumbfounded seeing what someone could actually do with a
soccer ball and realizing how much we sucked by comparison. lol

Message 6/10             11-Feb-10  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

rickdarock

Link?:  No link

DA GAME IS CALLED FOOTBALL
only SUCKERS call it SOCCER

You had it right when it was the AFL, (American Football League) even the Canuks still call it the CFL(Canadian Football League), and the Aussies call it Australian Rules Football.

Why can't we North Americans call the game by it's proper name, the rest of the world does.

It's funny to see some of our Canadian sports commentators in the heat of the passion of the game slip up and use the word FOOTBALL in thier telecast, you would think someone just used the "F" word on the air, ooppss they did.
Just for a laugh, please do be offended..

Message 7/10             11-Feb-10  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

k

ha! i remember playing my first 'soccer' game as a boy in Canada (freshly arrived from the uk)... I headed the ball and everyone fell about laughing.. literaly!

"Hey buddy!! It's called football, not headball!" etc, as they squirmed with mirth on the ground as if pole-axed by the greatest visual gag in history

so u canadians dont get any brownie points either

Message 8/10             11-Feb-10  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

sitar

lol k.

well if i call soccer "football" while in the u.s. everyone thinks i'm talking about a bunch of guys
wearing helmets and shoulder pads who don't get a yellow flag for nailing opposing players into the
dirt. i think it's a curse in the states kicked off (pun intended) by columbus (who wasn't actually the
first to discover america) who thought he'd landed in india which is what he thought he did and ever
since we've been calling native americans...indians. so when i tell someone i played indian music i
have to explain why i don't wear war paint, beads, and a head dress. and that's not a slight to native
americans. i think they are some of the most amazing people. imagine having to explain being a
musician who plays indian music who also watches "football" games played by the the washington
redskins who play in stadiums with names like arrowhead stadium. i learned to stop trying to explain
and leave people to their own devices to sort it all out. and to add insult to injury we actually celebrate
columbus day in the states. just shoot me.

Message 9/10             12-Feb-10  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

k

hehe

Message 10/10             13-Feb-10  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Super Bowl tomorrow

sitar

nice track! i have to say i didn't understand a word.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)