aaa Video Upload & Embed Code Problem - Site bugs & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Mar-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Site bugs & feedback

Subject: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             30-Jul-11  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Dark Matter Transmission

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I tried to upload a music video and i see that to do so the video has to be from a host site..i figure it is so that 7161 does not have to worry about server problems..which is understandable...so anyhow..it says that if the video is from youtube that i am not to use the iframe code...and it also says that i am to use the old embed code for the video...well i checked through all the settings and options i could find on my youtube account and could not find any listing of my old embed code...the only thing i am able to do is to paste the URL for the youtube video..which of course did not seem to work to complete the upload on the 7161 site...all i ended up with after doing so was just the video title and description but no video...is it a bug or what else can i try...or if it is simply because i need to use the old youtube embed code do you know how or where i can locate it on my youtube account.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             30-Jul-11  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Dark Matter Transmission

Hey..forget about my previous post on this subject...I was finally able to locate the old embed code and so now the video upload works for my video...lol..lol..I guess it helps if one searches for such in the youtube help section..lol..oh well live and learn.

Message 3/15             10-Aug-11  @  07:09 PM     Edit: 10-Aug-11  |  07:10 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

yup, we need to bring that code alittle more up to date, sicne they added new embed parameters, but yes, as your figured out, you get the old embed code via any youtube display page SHARE link

tidy little videos btw. If only more people realised that making even basic videos to go with their tracks puts them into more search results etc and is yet another way to promote.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 4/15             30-Jan-12  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Lunatic Supernatural Dairy

I am having trouble with my profile administration editing section..I tried several times useing internet explorer as well as google chrome and could not get my web and social links section to update..The urls for my social links are no longer valid because i deactivated and deleted those accounts because I no longer use them...but in 7161 admin section when I would delete the social links urls they would still be visible on my profile page even when I would refresh my browser...also I embeded a music video of mine from Vimeo and in the 7161 administration add/edit video section everything worked fine but then when I would view my 7161 web page the video was listed in its video section but it would not activate or function...I tried re-embedding it with both internet explorer and also google chrome and I also did use the Vimeo old embed code for the video but it still would not function on my 7161 web page...so if you could look into this problem and fix it if it is a bug or let me know what I can do on my end to fix it if the problem is due to user error..thank you for the use of this awsome site and i hope we can fix this problem.

Why follow the crowd when they want to burn you at the stake.

Message 5/15             11-Feb-12  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

ah the social links - there is no "remove link" - we can fix this - will do it soon

as for the video embed - maybe vimeo changed their code since we did the code. we'll have to check this.

I'll get back to you 

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 6/15             11-Feb-12  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

ok, vimeo has been removed until we can look into it

7161 has been updated with the new youtube code

You now use the simple "share" link. It is all explained on the add-video page, with an image to help. 

Message 7/15             11-Feb-12  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

ok. You can now simply delete any social links or the dedicated website link from the box when editing your profile, and when you update it is removed.

eee, You dont get fast admin response like this on facebook eh, lol

This has only been updated on 7161 admin btw, not the dancetech admin yet 

Message 8/15             11-Feb-12  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

ok all code now updated on dancetech.com admin also.

Message 9/15             10-Mar-12  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Link?: Link

Thanx for the fix and speedy response..and yes this site does fix things way faster then FB..lol...as for the youtube link I no longer use youtube but only vimeo..so I will just wait to embed my vimeo vids at a later time once things are worked out.

Message 10/15             20-Mar-12  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

hi. Ok you can give the video a go now - use the new iframe embed code

Message 11/15             11-Apr-12  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Still a no go on the video. I tried using the new Iframe embed code like you said for the vimeo page but it did not work. Here is what the 7161 upload message said.
  PARAM NAME=align VALUE=ll | r | t | b Vimeo video 

----------------------- 

testing - admin - come back later

Message 12/15             11-Apr-12  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

whoops, sorry, forgot to take out the abort command on 7161 code

should be fine now, sorry.  

Message 13/15             11-Apr-12  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Well the video uploaded to the site via my admin area and the Iframe code from vimeo worked, but on my 7161 band page in the video section only the name of the video and the video description is listed but the 7161 link to play the video is not active...lol..

Message 14/15             12-Apr-12  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

admin

ah, ok, we need to fix that homepage display code for the new Vimeo iframecode

Try it now, also fixed the display on the 7161 artist page video display, should be all done now.

Thanks for tthis feedback btw, appreciated.  

Message 15/15             12-Apr-12  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Video Upload & Embed Code Problem

Hey cool..well everything seems to be working as it should...thanx for the speedy fix..and you are very welcome for the feedback.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot